Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FLME Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2014, 08:37 PM
    Changing my business entity from one to another
    Hello,

Back in 2010 myself and 2 others had aspirations of forming a small financial consulting business on the side. We ended up forming a c-corp in FL. To be honest and I know it was naïve I did not know the exact reason why we chose that type of entity. Anyway, it ended up amounting to a whole lot of nothing. My 2 other partners have bowed out and it has just been me working on the side. Last year I made some money- probably about only about $5000. Believe me that the expenses outweighed the revenue. Moving forward I was wondering if I should change to an s-corp to lessen the burden during tax time. I know it is possible by filing IRS 2553. Would this be advisable or should I dissolve the corporation and start over with an LLC? Everything I read online regaridng the dissolution of a c-corp talked about liquidating assets, etc... we have none.
    I am confident that I can make this a profitable side business and want to proceed wisely.
    AaronAgassi Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2014, 04:21 AM
    Don't you have an accountant to do this for you?

Apr 14, 2014, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronAgassi View Post
    Don't you have an accountant to do this for you?
    Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I will surely seek help but I thought I'd do some research and try to get as much info as possible so I am more aware of the process and steps that may (or may not) need to be taken.

Apr 14, 2014, 10:25 PM
    Then you will have already posed more specific questions on different accounting specific forums, offering greater pertinent expertise.

Apr 28, 2014, 08:50 PM
    I do not understand you comment, "Then you will have already posed more specific questions." Thank you for sharing your assumption.

Apr 29, 2014, 03:24 AM
    I made the assumption that if you are indeed engaged in research on your own, in order to be more thorough than just handing off the task to your accountant, then in that case, by now you will have already posed more specific questions on different accounting specialized forums, offering greater pertinent expertise than you'll find here on this forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Business Entity for a Cleaning Company [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a small cleaning company and last year it was a sole proprietor. This year I want to add 1 to 2 employees and so I need to change my business entity. Has anyone gone through this? What is the best entity for a small housecleaning business and why. Please share your...

Choice of Business Entity [ 5 Answers ]

My wife has an established service business which we have been operating as a "Sole Proprietorship" for several years. For both liability and tax reasons, I feel the time has come to either Incorporate or create an LLC. The liability reasons are obvious but the tax reasons are a bit more...

View more questions Search