Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anonymous_2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2014, 03:32 PM
    How to lose pounds in a month
    I am 13 years old and weigh about 180. I am trying to lose weight for health and personal reasons. I wouldn't care if it was 10, 20 ,30, or 40 pounds, I just want to be small again. I participate in dance and everyday for lunch I eat a salad but it doesn't seem to help, I just keep on racking up on the lbs.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2014, 03:43 PM
    You have to look at what you are drinking as well as what you eat... and how much.

Fruit juice, sodas, sports drinks and a lot of other drinks have lots of empty calories that add up fast.

The simple formula is eat fewer calories than you use... and the weight will come off. It needs to be done slow, and adjustments to diet must be permanent or you will put it back on.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 07:10 AM
    As well you should talk to your doctor to make sure that you're not suffering from any hormonal or health issues that could cause the weight gain. As well, how tall are you? What is your frame like?

Keep in might that weight is a measure of mass and not health. Two people could be the same height and weight and be on the complete opposite ends of the health scale. What is better to think about isn't weight but look. There are two reasons, the first being that muscle and fat have different weight to volume ratio, so if you weight train to lose weight, you could lose inches but not weight. You're healthier but when you look at the numbers you see nothing has happened and that is the furtherest you could get from the truth. The second being that your body will take the weight, if you start losing, from your body in a mostly uniform way. So you could do nothing but crunches and sit ups for 12 hours a day and have absolutely ripped abs, but you'll never see them because you've got fat on top. Realize that when you lose weight it might not come off in the way that you want it too.

As well you're still an adolescent. Which means that your body is still growing and developing. Changing or having an unhealthy diet at this point could result in health issues later in life. This should be doctor monitored and driven. This is make sure you get what you want done as well as doing it in a healthy manner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you lose 30 pounds in 2 month? [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to lose some weight, I looked everywhere on how to but it would be nice to get some tips and suggestions. My goal is to lose 30 pounds in a month.

Can I lose 25 pounds in one month? [ 2 Answers ]

I weigh about almost 150 pounds, is there any way to lose 25 pounds while in school in a month? Please help!!

How to lose 50 pounds in 1 month? [ 2 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.....

How do I lose 40 pounds in 1 month? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to lose 40 pounds before the summer, but I want to lose the weight fast so I can start buying clothes now.Do anyone have a diet I can try?

View more questions Search