Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kyle5948 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2014, 01:46 AM
    How can I increase my C drive space successfully?
    I recently need some ways to increase my C drive space since the C drive has only 169MB of free space left. And I also check that my E drive is nearly empty. So, I just wonder whether I can add some free space of C drive to my C drive and increase its drive space. But, I don’t know how I can do that. Do you have any idea? Thank for any suggestion!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 31, 2014, 01:56 AM
    Yes, simply get a partitioning program and adjust the sizes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 31, 2014, 02:41 AM
    First, What is your E drive and how big is it? Is it a partition of your single hard drive or is it another drive.

Second, Try moving all your data files from your My Documents folders to the E drive. You can also try uninstalling programs that you have the install files for then reinstalling them to the E drive.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 31, 2014, 06:04 PM
    Usually if you start with one drive and an optical, the optical gets the D designation and later adding a second hard drive would get you an E designation for that one. My guess is he has two separate drives unless the main drive has three partitions. If that's the case he could create some appropriate folders on the E drive for his data (music, photos, application saves, video etc.) and set his browsers to download to E (or ask me every time) instead of the default.
    An452gelo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2014, 08:32 PM
    Three ways are possible for you to go on:

1). Delete some unnecessary files or programs on your C drive to free the drive space.
    You can have many ways to free up your C drive space, like deleting some useless files/folders, uninstall some unnecessary programs and running the Disk Cleanup tool.

2). Extend your C drive in Disk Management
    Back up everything important on another drive, shrink your rest partition with enough free space and extend your C drive by right clicking it in Disk Management.

3). Apply some partition resizing tools.
    If you are not so familiar about the partition resizing tuffs, you can directly use some partition resizing tools like: IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free, EaseUS Partition Master, Active Partition Master and more.

PS: Always back up everything important well before resizing partition in case of data loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to increase disk space? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my system partition C has only 4% of free space left. I have tried to delete some tempt files, empty the Recycle Bin and remove some unnecessary programs and files. But, the capacity of C partition only increases 397MB. How can I increase more space to my C partition? Do you have any idea?

How to increase my C drive Space on Windows 7? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently get a low space problem with my C drive. I have tried to delete some useless files and folders. But, that makes no difference. So, I am wondering to extend my C drive space by adding some free space from E drive. There is about 97GB of free space on my E drive. Is it possible for me? How...

Anyone ever got back with your ex successfully? After space? [ 18 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has got back with their ex after the NC rule and space?

How do I increase my sex drive? [ 5 Answers ]

When me and my husband were dating, we used to have sex for hours. It was great and everything was fine. Now that we are married, for some reason it went down. Well I always had issued with getting turned on or getting “in the mood”. For some reason, I don’t want to have sex as often as before....

View more questions Search