Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidadrian140 Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2014, 02:52 PM
    No fuel pressure
    Hello guys. Back again. So I recently changed out a fuel pump on a 1985 Cadillac
    De ville with the 4100 motor. The old fuel pump did not turn on. The new fuel pump
    Turns on when I turn the key to the on position but the car still does not turn on. I changed fuel pump, fuel filter. I checked the fuel pump fuse and ECM fuse. Both are good. Also changed the fuel pump relay. I can hear it click when the key is on the on position. I checked for fuel pressure today and turns out there is no fuel pressure. Does this mean the fuel pump is bad? Out of ideas. There is power to the fuel pump. I tested the connection to the fuel pump with a test light. Can anyone help me out?
    Lalo B Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2014, 02:56 PM
    Make sure you have a good clean ground. How are you checking power to pump?
    Lalo B Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2014, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalo B View Post
    Make sure you have a good clean ground. How are you checking power to pump?
    Sorry I see you used a test light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 Honda Accord no start, no fuel pressure, changed fuel pump twice! [ 17 Answers ]

Was intermittent at first, would die when I was coming to a stop and would take a second to start back up and really pumping the gas pedal after it fired up. It would not start back up one time, got it towed to the shop and the mechanic quoted me $770 for a new fuel pump :/ so I told him I would...

How to start a TPI motor, new fuel pump,plugs, getting 45#'s of fuel pressure. [ 9 Answers ]

1989 Pontiac Formula 350 that won't start. New plugs, fuel pump, ECM, injectors are good, has spark. Out of options!

Fuel pressure when ignition is on but no pressure when you try to start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Ford f250 with a 5.8l engine. When you turn the ignition switch on, there is pressure at the fuel rail, as soon as you turn the ignition switch to start, the pressure goes to zero. You can turn the switch off and immediately turn to on and it will pressure up. It has two tanks and the...

1997 prizm with new fuel injector and fuel pressure regulator keeps flooding [ 1 Answers ]

My 1997 Prizm ran well until 1 1/2 months ago. One day during several weeks of wet weather, I was stopped at an intersection and the car stalled. It took several minutes of retrying and it finally started. I drove it home and put a can of dry gas into the fuel tank. It would no restart. A...

Fuel injecter or fuel pressure regulator ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1996 gmc sonoma (zr2 package) with a 4.3 motor (engine code W). I sometimes have problems getting it started, when the motor is warm it starts without any problem, but when it is cold I have a hard time getting it started, if I put gas or starting fluid down the throttle body it starts...

View more questions Search