Ask
    chrissy21 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Wisdom tooth
    Why do my wisdom teeth smell?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2007, 12:15 PM
    If they smell or taste fowel then they more than likely either have an absess under them or they have come through rotton id take a trip to the dentist and get them checked.

Be prepared to have them removed it doesn't hurt and I'm a lot happier without mine that's for sure no more headaches either.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Mine did when they were impacted and absessed... next comes the pain. I had to have them removed immediately.
    suffolkconsumer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 06:58 AM
    Odors which come from teeth are the result of an infection.
    suffolkconsumer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Of course the odors could also be the result of accumulated plaque!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelling wisdom tooth [ 27 Answers ]

Hi, I am 30 years old. My wisdom tooth lies a little lower than the rest. I noticed that it smells bad. I put a finger on the tooth and smell the finger. The finger smells bad. I tried with other teeth. They smell normal. I have been taking extra care while brushing after I became aware of this...

Highly Deteriorated Wisdom Tooth. [ 4 Answers ]

Here's the situation. I am a 21-year-old girl with no insurance whatsoever, and no income, either. I have a wisdom tooth which came in (a little sideways, pointing outwards, digging slightly into the bone back there, and I did nothing about it. Something, I can't remember what, broke it...

Wisdom tooth and sore throat [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday my lower right wisdom tooth started hurting. It was so bad that tensing my jaw in any way, eating and talking hurt. When I got up this morning my throat was (and still is) very sore, it hurts to swallow and when itry and open my mouth it hurts, and feels Very stiff. Is this normal or am I...

Wisdom tooth only halfway extracted by dentist... is this normal? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had three wisdom teeth pulled. They came through the gum like molars, so I was told they were able to be pulled. I had x-rays, etc. before the procedure. My top two came out fine. My dentist told me that part of the root was still in my jaw, but would be OK. She then tried to pull out my...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search