Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve02011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2014, 10:23 AM
    Forced air heating troubleshooting
    My forced air unit fan comes on, then ignites and blower comes and runs fine. After 20-30 seconds blower goes off and fan still runs and after 30 seconds it re-ignites and runs then goes through same scenario
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2014, 11:04 AM
    Have you checked the air filter for excess dirt?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2014, 02:58 PM
    Sounds like the burner is being shut off because of the furnace overheating. Check the filter. Also check for closed or blocked vents. If you have A/C on the furnace the coil could be dirty especially if the furnace has been run without a filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forced air heating troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

My friend has a natural gas fau. I don't know the name or age. I have not checked anything. The main burner will light and stay lit for 10-20 seconds then shut off. After about 30-60 seconds it will relight and do the same thing over and over. The blower motor never comes on. The burner is not on...

Forced air heating [ 1 Answers ]

My forced air heating is blowing cold air when turned to heat . Why/?

Goodman forced air furnace troubleshooting? [ 0 Answers ]

My flame keeps going out. I can press the reset button and some times it will work for a week sometimes only 30 seconds. It is an intermittent igniter. The flame seems to "roll back" when it first kicks on. This only seems to happen when it is below 30 degrees outside.

Smell from Forced air heating [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an apartment with an forced air heating system. The air that is blown out has a bad smell as from paint or solvents. Why can that happen and what can I do?

York forced air heater with electronic ignition troubleshooting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a York forced air gas fired heating system with I guess a direct ignition instead of a standing pilot light. When the system comes on, the blower comes on and then a couple of seconds later the gas valve clicks and some gas goes through but no ignition. Then the gas valve clicks again but...

View more questions Search