Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duckhunter Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2014, 07:03 PM
    Coaches doctoring player statistics
    The coach has three favorites she caters too. Going to movies, inviting to events, etc. leaving the remainder of the team out. Giving these faves good stats, taking stats from the others to ensure the faves of rewards. What should be done? What can be done. When questioned, they deny. Remove availability of stats to parents.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 28, 2014, 07:07 PM
    If you have proof that this is going on, not just how you feel, but actual proof, you present it to the school board.

Mar 28, 2014, 07:31 PM
    I have taken it to the principal, that was yesterday. Still waiting on a reply. Meet with a lawyer Monday. Not sure what you would call this besides unethical , immoral, and just horrible to think educators would do this to children.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2014, 05:12 AM
    You are a parent, I gather? What actual proof do you have, or is it heresay?

Jun 2, 2014, 10:50 PM
    I have copies of stats before and after changes. I have since left it alone until after the season as to not disrupt the team. Season is over now, a total of 8 parents have assembled to attempt to have her removed from teaching altogether. This was no doing of mine. They approached me with their complaints. According to state law, "teachers code of ethics" they have documented her breaking virtually every ethics law. Including threats, such as never playing again, not making the team next year, public humiliation to tears of two children at a restaurant after a game, which is what brought the parents to the conclusion she didn't need to be anywhere near teenage girls. She has forced her religious beliefs on them," attend the revival at her church at least one night or run extra laps!" Blaming one child in front of the team for costing her the district championship. Talking to the kids about their parents. Talking to her favorite 3 kids about the other teammates , yet never once approaching a parent, any parent, about any problems with any of the kids. SHE IS MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY ABUSIVE! We need help from the top! The parents gathered and met with the principal and super. No formal finding as of yet. Although the super made mention in a email that due to social media comments, he didn't think she would be removed. Can or should I approach state or federal child services for help? The parents have many text messages that were sent in confidence to the coach, which she then passed amongst the school coaching staff, mocking the parent for whining and crying about her poor baby! Can you say gall! I really would like to see this person banned from coaching or teaching for life. Then sue her in civil court for the irreversible emotional scars she has left on so many of these young ladies. I pray for harsh justice on this childish, unethical , immoral, incompetent so called educator. She is the epitome of evil. Help me please, for the children's sake. Respectfully,Concerned parent.

Jun 2, 2014, 10:57 PM
    Sorry Tickle,
    Yes I am one of the parents. My child was a victim in the stats scandal mid season. She hasn't suffered the mental abuse as badly as some of the other children. She is the pitcher, thus this devious coach tends to avoid getting her upset as often. Although she did overlook her for any awards at the district tournament, even though she pitched every game to carry herself and her teammates to sub-state.
    Regards,
    Concerned parent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 3, 2014, 04:52 AM
    What was the principal's reaction? Have you approached the school board? If you have actual proof, this should be easy to have her removed.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 3, 2014, 05:42 AM
    A parents' revolt against a school employee like this is not going to be quick and easy. It will take ongoing, consistent pressure, and unless the Principal is firmly on board it may be stalled for a year or more. "Favoritism" is a constant accusation by parents on many teams - I'm not doubting you, just saying that there are many parents who charge favoritism if their precious child ever has to sit on the bench. So keep the pressure up, and in addition to the principal elicit support from school board members (in private - don't put them on the spot at a school board meeting or you will force them to take a stand that you may not like). Just a guess on my part, but since this is only now being brought to the administration's attention - after the season is over - I bet they decide to talk to the coach, get her side of the story, and then give her another year under close observation to see if the charges have merit.

Apr 17, 2015, 09:02 PM
    Well I have suffered through another season. The parents met with the super post season. I suppose they lost interest or were bribed with positions for their children. As two of the 8 now start varsity. And due to the lack of coaching, aren't up to the task. Not much brow beating going on, but the lack of instruction is still sickening. The girls must run for errors and walks with no help as to why they are having problems. I'm glad this is mines last year. Public school has become a viscious dangerous place for a child. Thank goodness mine are almost out. I pity these children we leave behind. There is no justice in this world for the righteous. A sign of the times I suppose. Guard your children's welfare closely as the wolves are among us. May GOD forgive us for what we have allowed.
    Thank you for your time.
    Concerned parent
    TheSpaceGuy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2015, 10:18 AM
    Try your hardest to get video evidence!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

90's spy film that had voice doctoring as a major plot device [ 0 Answers ]

One of the scenes I remember is a woman protagonist being interviewed by a talk-show host (I think it was Larry King), where she presented on air a doctored voice recording of him.

Are college coaches required to have college degrees [ 3 Answers ]

What are the academic requirements to coach at the college level

Photo doctoring gurus.I'm half jealous! :) [ 2 Answers ]

Pretty flippin amazing. Nowadays it's hard to tell what's real and what's not :p:p

Where Are The Coaches? [ 0 Answers ]

The Sports Forum would seem to be the perfect place for coaches to hang out. More coaches to bring an organized approach to answering some of the many questions would be refreshing. In addition, coaches could compare notes and learn from each other. COME ON COACHES... JOIN UP AND SPEAK OUT ! ...

View more questions Search