Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gilbert long Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2014, 09:30 AM
    Mtd 18hp tractor - engine won't crank - help ?
    I have a MTD Lawntractor 18hp and have tried to start in correct manner. Sat on seat, dis-engaged cutter bar, pushed brake pedal down and handbrake in operation. Battery in good condition - fully charged.

Any ideas why nothing happens - do I replace fuse and where is it?
    jlistre1324 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2014, 09:23 AM
    Spray some starter fluid on the air filter for about 2 seconds and only use gas that's ethonal free 100% GAS
    groggblossom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2014, 09:50 AM
    No, engine doesn't even turn - could be fuse ?
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Mar 30, 2014, 07:11 AM
    It could be the fuse. You can follow the positive battery cable. It will take you to the solenoid. The fuse will be near it. Try pulling back on the deck handle while you try to start. The deck switch being out of adjustment is the most common problem I see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 2002 MTD lawn tractor, model # 13AF693G118, that will not crank [ 0 Answers ]

I think it has something to do with the clutch pedal switch or deck lift lever switch. I have replaced the battery and starter, spark plug looks good. It will start, usually, but never right away and generally only after I raise and lower the deck a few times and kind of pump the clutch. But this...

MTD tractor won't start. Engine does not fire. Turns over, spark new, gas new. [ 1 Answers ]

Quit running suddenly, won't start. New plug, new gas, filters clean, fuse good, safety switches working. Engine turns over, will not fire.

MTD rideon mower won't crank [ 1 Answers ]

I have an MTD rideon mower that has sat for about a year and a half I have replaced the battery, selonoid and starter. After relacing battery it crank once and now won't do anything and the crankshaft is really tight is there anything I can do to get th crankshaft to loosen up

MTD 18HP 42" tractor Mower [ 1 Answers ]

My tractor mower starts after sitting for a day or so but shuts off within about 30 seconds and does not start again. I can crank it up but it seems that the carburetor gets overflowed and fuel leaks out the air filter compartment. It is a B&S twin engine tractor.

View more questions Search