Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    obrien4j Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2014, 07:33 AM
    How can I transfer the title of my house to my ex husband. There is no mortgage.
    I want to transfer the title of my house to my ex husband. He will pay off the mortgage with his own funds, no loan.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 07:42 AM
    You have to prepare a deed from you, as the Seller, to your ex, as the Buyer. Then your ex would have the deed filed in the county clerk or county register's office. I suggest that you have the deed prepared by an attorney or title agency to make sure it's done properly. It shouldn't be expensive. However, DO NOT GIVE HIM THE DEED UNTIL YOU ARE GIVEN WRITTEN PROOF THAT THE LOAN IS PAID IN FULL.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 01:41 PM
    Get an attorney to do it. That way, you can be reasonably sure it will be done correctly and, in addition, the attorney can hold the deed, the payoff, and other documents in escrow, protecting you from the deed being recorded before the payoff is done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage Title Transfer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a house , and I want to transfer the title to my daughter. My question is: Do I need to hire a lawer, or a real state agent in Order to do the transfer? Thank you for your help. L. Johnston

Transfer mortgage from house to house [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Alberta, Canada. Ineed to move within provence but do not wish to get into shopping for a new mortgage for the next house. Can I transfer my current mortgage to another property?:confused:

Divorcing and husband wants to mortgage paid off house? [ 1 Answers ]

We are divorcing because he has interest in other women. Our mortgage is paid off. Title or I should say deed is in both of our names. Can he mortgage the house again without my signature?

House Title, mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house in State of Washington prior to my marriage. Now I want to add my wife to the title and mortgage. Do I do this with a Quitclaim deed or something else? Thanks very much.

Divorced: exwife has house, I'm still on mortgage/title [ 2 Answers ]

Ex-wife and I divorced 9 years ago. We had (have) a house together - I just wanted to get out so didn't bother getting her to refinance or to sell the house. So, I still have my name on the mortgage and title. Meanwhile, 9 years later, she's been late on almost every payment and won't/can't...

View more questions Search