Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dalla071208 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2014, 01:57 PM
    Physics help
    A cannonball is fired horizontally with an initial velocity of 655 m/s from the end of a cliff 725 m high. How far in the x direction does the cannonball in the air before it hits the ground?
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2014, 05:56 PM
    Hint: We know gravity is pulling it towards earth at a known rate. If this was dropped straight down, how long would it take to fall that far? With the given velocity and ignoring wind resistance, how far would it get in that time?

And no, I'm not going to do your homework for you :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physics [ 1 Answers ]

The velocity as a function of time for an asteroid in the asteroid belt is given by v(t)= v0e^(t/t0) I + v0t/2t0 j with vo and to constants. Use ti = 0 as the initial time, and tf = 1.5 to as the final time. The values for the constants that you will use are: vo = 4.5 m/s

Physics [ 5 Answers ]

Antarctica is roughly semicircular, with a radius of 2000 km (Fig. 1-5). The average thickness of its ice cover is 3000 m. How many cubic centimeters of ice does Antarctica contain? (Ignore the curvature of Earth.)

Serious physics! [ 10 Answers ]

Who can solve this? I think its not a difficult one, only concept based, but I get stuck with it! 11002 Two inclined planes OA and OB having inclination 30degrees and 60degrees with the horizontal respectively intersect each other at O, as shown in the figure. A particle is projected...

Physics [ 1 Answers ]

What will happen if you insert a cotton thread in the path of a copper wire in a electric circuit

View more questions Search