Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pimpmack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2014, 01:13 PM
    Cleaning
    I am just starting my cleaning business and I have everything ready to clean but I don't know how much to charge. MN.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2014, 01:25 PM
    Is your cleaning business residential or commercial? If residential you charge by the hour, after going in and seeing just how much square footage you have to clean and what the people what you to do. Going rate where I am is $25 and hour. My cleaner uses her own vac and cleaning supplies. Just to give you an idea. It take her 2 hours to vacuum, wash floors, clean the bathroom entirely (I do my own dusting) and miscellaneous other chores.

I don't know how you can proceed with a business plan of some sort; which you must do, advertising is a big issue, a sign on your car will work wonders but until you get some cleaning under your belt, word of mouth will not start.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 26, 2014, 01:32 PM
    We can't tell you WHAT to charge. You have to learn HOW to know what to charge, and that could take all day. Insured? Taxes? Travel time, gas, and wear on your vehicle? Your equipment or theirs? Residential or commercial or both? One-time clean or once a week? Start writing down everything you know about those questions.

One idea is to tell customers that the first clean will be by the hour, with $10 off the total. Afterwards you will give a flat quote for the future.
    Don't forget that self-employment tax is high, and a lot of people are going to ask about bonding or insurance. If you don't know about all that, you have to learn. Sure, plenty of people clean houses only without insurance, but be aware of what you can be sued for.
    What did you make working for someone else? It varies around the country.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2014, 01:33 PM
    You could also contact several cleaning businesses in your general area and find out what their services include and what they charge. They may have websites that will give the information as well. You don't have to share that you are opening your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My kenmore pro self cleaning oven stopped cleaning and showed error [ 1 Answers ]

It heated up for about an hour first

How much should I charge per cleaning 6,300 sqft, general cleaning no windows? [ 8 Answers ]

How much should I charge per cleaning 6,300 sqft, general cleaning no windows?

I just started a cleaning business and am leaning to doing commercial cleaning. [ 0 Answers ]

I started a commercial cleaning business and have a friend that has a lot of knowledge and contacts with people that could use cleaning services and is a hard worker. He is not my partner, but has been with me since the beginning in discussions of who to market and he even purchased business cards...

How cleaning company find cleaning contracts? [ 12 Answers ]

How can I get cleaning contracts?

HOW to obtain cleaning contracts and also how todo marketing for my cleaning business [ 13 Answers ]

Hello I just started my own cleaning business 5months ago with my husband I have one contract so far... its a small restaurant cleaning once a week which is not much... I just basically looked through the phone book and that's how I got it really called a bunch of people and got lucky... What...

View more questions Search