Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lady H Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2014, 02:52 AM
    Cat eating problem
    I have a cat, 11 months old.. he constantly asking for food even right after we fed him. He will sit in front of his bowl waiting for food, most of the time. Any solution to stop him from eating to much? I don't want hime to be obese.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2014, 03:14 AM
    Take him to the vet and have him checked for tapeworm. Tapeworm is a common intestinal parasite. Most cat owners though leave dry food out for their cat at all times. Cats are not fed the same way as dogs. Please remember as well, your cat at 11 months. Is still growing and needs a good quality protein food.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 26, 2014, 11:02 AM
    Tickle is right, cats eat don't eat the same way dogs do.

Dogs will eat a bunch of food in one sitting, like a meal. In the wild, they hunt bigger animals, like deer, and don't bother with smaller game.

Cats grab a small mouthful here and there, more like snacking or grazing. In the wild, they may catch a mouse or bird, but a good amount of their diet consists of things like grasshoppers and other insects.

If you leave a bowl of dry food out, your cat will eat more often but will also eat less in one sitting. It will all even out to be about the some amount of food. The difference will be that he won't beg for food as much, and you'll notice him eating more often. It may take a bit for him to get used to having constantly available food, so don't be upset if he overeats for the first week or so, it'll stop when he realizes the food isn't going to go away.

However, you should also get him checked for parasites or illnesses that could be causing increased hunger, especially if he's losing weight while eating more.
    Ella_65 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2014, 05:27 AM
    Really, the best solution is to take your cat to vet as there can be some serious problem and that’s why your pet behaving like this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat question, cat is lethargic, sleeping a lot not eating much [ 10 Answers ]

Took cat to vet had tests done, came back normal. Gave her 2 shots, antibiotic and steroid. Was better that same day, now back to that stage again

My cat is not eating [ 3 Answers ]

My cat has kittens but is not eating and the kittens are 4 weeks old. What should I do?:confused::(

Cat throwing up after eating [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 cats and I'm pretty sure it's the younger one throwing up. Before paying the dr $40 to tell me a simple answer I'm wondering if anyone else can answer this.. She's a very tiny cat and shell be a yr in May. She weighs only 5lbs and is a pig. She probably eats more than my 15lb cat. ...

Dog eating cat's food and stressing the cat [ 14 Answers ]

I have a dog that seems to like to be the only child. She doesn't like other animals and eats their food possibly in displeasure This is causing the kitten that is now about a year old to not want to eat out of any of the bowls that the dog takes outside or to the garage to steal the food out...

Eating cat poop [ 11 Answers ]

Some dogs that I know are eating cat poop. I've tried everything I can think of from supplimenting the diet, to keeping it away, to yelling, to sprays. I'm not sure what to do. I wonder what would draw a dog to cat poop?

View more questions Search