Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tessera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2014, 11:15 AM
    Electrical Trade Question
    Hi.
    I'm interested in becoming an electrician in Washington state. There isn't any local apprenticeship program. Right now I'm considering taking an online course at Penn Foster which I believe would make me a journeyman, but I'm wondering if this a good choice. Do you need to have a minimum number of hours of hands on experience to become a journeyman electrician in Washington? Would it allow me to enter the trade?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2014, 11:34 AM
    That won't make you're a Journeyman.. that would make you an apprentice. Journeyman title is earned after actual sufficient actual work experience. In conjunction with testing if memory serves me right. (I used to know a former Electricians Union President, actually I still know him..I just haven't seen him in years)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical question [ 1 Answers ]

Can I hook up a couple of my can lights in parallel with the light on the fan to the wireless switch?I can't find what the load requirements are to the receiver

Electrical question [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to replace a ceiling fan/light but nothing is working. I didn't take note of how things were wired when I removed the old one. Coming out of the ceiling I have 1 black, 1 white, and 1 copper wire (ground). The fan/light has 1 white, 1 black, 1 blue, and one green wire. I attached the white...

A question about Non-trade receivables. [ 0 Answers ]

What is "Claims against Customers for returnable items (crates, containers, etc.)"? Why is it a kind of non-trade receivables? Thanks!

Electrical question [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I have an outdoor hot tub. Like the water to be very very hot, most commercial models won't go above 104 degrees. The vendor I bought my tub from spliced a 300 ohm resistor into the thermostat heat sensor line which allows my tub to get up to 107-108. We just had to replace the...

Electrical Question [ 1 Answers ]

Ihave switch that turns on a plug for my TV. I want to run powere and add switch for A ceiling fan in the same room. I thought I would "jump" the black to the new switch and "twist" the white wires together to do that. What am I missing. [email protected]

View more questions Search