Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lemonlips1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2014, 08:53 AM
    How do you feel about you and the life you live?
    I've been thinking a lot lately about life and the roles we all play. I'm 25. Time is moving so fast I'm worried that I'm not achieving anything of real substance. I can't help but walk past coffee shop owners, convenient store clerks, furniture shops and banks and just think... what are these people doing? Are they content? No disrespect to any one for their professions, I guess I'm asking: what does it take to be happy.. can we and should we 'settle' because there's 7billion other people all wanting what's best for tthem.I can't help but wanting more out of life.. emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially but think "am I entitled to it..?" what makes me different to the next person
    Is any one here content? Why? Figured out life yet?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2014, 09:37 AM
    Don't wory... time only seems to speed up thhe older you get.

At 25 your are still trying to support yourself... substance comes later when you have the basics for life secured.

Contentment is subjective. Its learning to be happy with what you have the ability to afford or achieve.

If you are 4'11" you should be happy not becoming an NBA sports legend for example.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 24, 2014, 09:40 AM
    I asked myself all this when I was about 21, because I had dropped out of college and it was more and more clear to me that I wasn't going back, and wasn't going to be a doctor or scientist. I was miserable. I had let down my parents. I didn't know what I wanted for myself. I too looked at other people and wondered what drove them, and if they were happy.
    For the next 15 years I either joked about it or worked it into a philosophy of sorts, living as meagerly as possible for the good of the earth. Nothing has changed since then except for ever decreasing angst. I don't think 'happiness' is all it's cracked up to be, nor is career success. Peace is more like it. We are born and we will die. A very few of us stay on in the history books or the arts. More of us do significant deeds while alive. Even more do little things that changes things in some way. Then we are just gone, big deal. We stay on (if that matters) by virtue of having been part of it all.
    The Dalai Lama has been in exile all these years, yet keeps his sense of humor and tenderness. That's what I want to keep in mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can't live without my ex. I feel like I want to end my life. [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 15 years broke up with me, he was cheating on me with another girl as he said to me he fooled around and fell in love. I have been trying so hard to get over him, friends, gym, even dating. Nothing is helping. I am starting to feel like the only way to make this pain go away is to...

Feel so hurt. Feel like there's nothing to live for anymore. [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just broke up with me it was my first long term relationship my first love he just stopped liking me and I found out he cheated on me. It hurts so bad my world feels like its falling apart. What should I do he was my life. I put my all into the relationship

I'm 22 and I feel like I'm going nowhere in life, [ 3 Answers ]

I have debts nothing crazy I'm a full time dishwasher, I live at home with me parents own a car and have the most precious girlfriend, I'm trying to get back to school because I don't want to stay a dishwasher for the rest of my life, My relationship with my girlfriend is amazing we click Bt...

My life seems to not change... I feel depressed or stressed in life. [ 2 Answers ]

I've been feeling sad, lonely... Food isn't catching my interest anymore. I have a daughter, times I don't notice her happiness. I don't smile nor laugh anymore. Before I met my ex-boyfriend, I was blissful. Now, as of lately I could careless of my happiness. I notice this was a problem for quiet...

View more questions Search