Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patty1969 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2014, 02:41 PM
    When you get a right-to-sue letter from the EEOC do you start over?
    I filed my EEOC charge of discrimination in Virginia on 07/2013 without a lawyer. When I get my right-to-sue letter and then have to get a lawyer to represent me can he add or remove things to my charge or do I have to stay with what was in the original charge? Does everything start over? If he thinks I did not do a good job can he amend it? For example, if I listed a witness that he thinks should not have be listed can he remove that witness before we go to court?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2014, 08:51 PM
    There will have to be amendments to lists, and notification of witnesses. You should have an attorney review the evidence and talk to witnesses, most cases are impossible to prove legally although they are obvious.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 24, 2014, 02:18 AM
    YOU have to decide if you are happy with that lawyer or not.
    If you trust him then do what he says. If you don't, then find another.
    Keep in mind that witnesses, although vital in a criminal case like murder, hold very little importance in civil court. This won't be like anything you see on TV.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 07:17 AM
    Does everything start over?
    If your lawyer doesn't know the answer to these questions, you need another lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EEOC problem [ 2 Answers ]

What type of Resignation Letter do/should I do when my employer refuses to answer my request for a reasonable accomondation and continues to make my job harder since I returned from FMLA? I have a disability that I gave my employer three years ago and the Executive Director acknowled the disability...

Eeoc claims [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a filed a claim against my employer for racial and gender. I am going to a mediation meeting and am trying to get more information to take in with me. I have all the evidence and witnesses. I need to find out about similar cases and the settlement amounts given. I am doing this so I...

EEOC & Racial Discrimination [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a claim filed in Phoenix against AAA of Arizona. This is the auto service club that changes tires, tows, etc. I am going to a mediation meeting and am trying to get more information to take in with me. I need to find out about similar cases and the settlement amounts given. I am...

View more questions Search