Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curiouscat29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2014, 08:38 AM
    Charitable Gambling
    We are a non-profit organization raising monies for charity. We are in the process of receiving our 501(c)3. We run two raffles and a silent auction during a year. Do we need to have 15 members on our board? And would we be required to purchase a gambling license ?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 09:37 AM
    The number of members on your board should be specified in your by-laws. Charitable gaming such as a raffle or Bingo night may have to be licensed by the state - rules vary so it depends on what state this is in. Auctions don't typically require any sort of license, but you will need to pay the applicable sales tax to the state on items you sell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charitable Trust [ 1 Answers ]

Can U please suggest a name for a Charitable Trust? :)

Gambling! [ 2 Answers ]

I have spent thewhole evening researching gambling on the net after my boyfriend came home after losing nearlly 2500 euro. Yes that's just in on day and in the space of around 2 hours.. But its not just a once of this is a daily habbit maybe not as much money but he can spend anything from 1000...

Charitable Organizations [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone will read this and suggest a philanthropy/charity that might help me with a $15,000 loan/gift... I used a credit card when things were really bad for me. I used it for food, gasoline and other household items, never for myself as a luxury. I'm a person that should be kicked in...

Gambling [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently married and only been married for 2 months been with my husband 3yrs before that... b4 I got married he had a slight gambling prob... now its getting big he lost ALL his $ there we r trying to start a family have no $... I mean he plays it 4 fun I do 2 because its interesting but...

Charitable Contributions [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Gospel Music Band. I have not applied for non-profit status although the real income is much less the $10,000 a year. An individual has expressed a desire to donate a Bus for us to travel in, however, they would like to write it off as a donation to this ministry. Is this possible?

View more questions Search