Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indunil69lanka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2014, 05:29 PM
    I have got a woman in Ghana she want to come and marry me in my country ?
    I have found a woman in ghana, now she want to marry me and stay with me in my country? But she telling me she does not have a passport, she does not have a web cam to live chat. She telling me she is very poor. Is she a scammer?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2014, 05:37 PM
    Of course, this is how they are stat. she will want a large sum of money for passport, visa, then will say she needs a medical. Then she will need money in back to prove to customs. Or she has accident or is robbed on way to airport.

This is typical scam.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2014, 05:40 PM
    There aren't any women at all in your country? Really... which one is that.

Incidentally... you found a scammer... not a real woman. You can save time and just send them all your money now... thats what they want... and you'll never see her come.. because she's not real.
    indunil69lanka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2014, 05:51 PM
    How to check ghana phone number and owner
    How do I know this ghana mobile number given by my girl does not belong to her or not?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2014, 05:52 PM
    Nope... You were sending money to a scammer, not the one in the picture they gave you.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 21, 2014, 06:11 PM
    Please keep all questions about this person in this thread. Thank you.

What country do you live in? How long have you been chatting with her? Has she given you any proof she is who she says she is?

Not only would she need a passport to leave her country but she would also need a visa for your country. It is not as simple in most places as getting married and automatically being able to stay in the new spouse's country.

Even if she were who she says she is, the phone may not be in her name.

That said, Ghana has a large number of scammers. I would err on the side of caution and let this person find someone else. Look for someone who doesn't need a passport and visa to visit you.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 21, 2014, 06:39 PM
    As has already been mentioned, this is a scam and a very well known scam. DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY. You will never see her no matter how much you send. Once you have no more to send, she will be gone.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 04:23 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ad-677503.html

Read this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to marry woman in ghana [ 6 Answers ]

I am responding to the comment about the guy who was talking to a person in Ghana for 2 months, then realized it was posted 2 years ago. I am going through the same deal. I understand the scam.

Want to marry woman in ghana [ 11 Answers ]

I have been talking to a woman in ghana for 2 months now and we are serious about each other. We want to get married but her uncle said he want a traditional wedding but I don't have to be there it just a ceremony they do and than we can get marriage license and get married and I don't have to go...

How much money for passport from ghana want to marry a girle from there [ 15 Answers ]

I have a girl in Accra Ghana want to marrie her. Want to know how much it cost for her passport and visa wich ever she will need including blood test and police report I am working with little money. Thank you very much for your time and help.

View more questions Search