Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halloed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2014, 02:11 PM
    The American Express
    We recently received two (2) letters offering lower APRs on our six(6) cards - 3 0f mine and 3 of my wife's. Problem: The instructions given do not get us to the sight necessary to accomplish this task. Please clarify the instructions for us. Ed H-
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 21, 2014, 02:16 PM
    You need to CALL Amex and get them to explain as we are NOT affiliated to this card company at all.
    halloed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2014, 02:16 PM
    Answers not applicable. These are AMEX cards and this is an AMEX letter from John Siverman, President, US Consumer Services. If he wants our business, tell us how to participate in plain english!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2014, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by halloed View Post
    Answers not applicable. These are AMEX cards and this is an AMEX letter from John Siverman, President, US Consumer Services. If he wants our business, tell us how to participate in plain english!
    THe answer is applicable. This site is NOT AMEX... we are not affilitated with AMEX... in fact we are affiliated with no Bank, and no business anywhere. We are nothing more than a general purpose question and answer website.

You actually have to call AMEX to do this. How much more clear can that be. There is a customer service number on the back of your credit card you call, Nobody here can help you with that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 21, 2014, 02:43 PM
    Please convey instruction since we are not mind readers and are not privy to the correspondence. Such letters are traditionally sent to any cardholders for the purpose of generating applications. It is in no way an approval or acceptance but a form letter mailed to every address they can find. Its called bulk mailing.

If this is unacceptable then you must Google it yourself, or supply better information. If a website is not in the body, or the bottom of the letter, its an advertisement only.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 21, 2014, 04:45 PM
    Were these snail mail letters or e-mail letters. If they were e-mail I suspect they were scams.

But in any case, this site is not affiliated with AMEX. You may have seen this site as the result of a search. The AMEX site is americanexpress.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A trial date for debt with American express [ 2 Answers ]

I was able to set a side a judgment.now the judge set a trial date. My issue is I am unemloyed my wife is. If I lose how can I stop them from not garnish my wife's wages the card was on my name only.

American express debt trial date [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trial for debt on my American express card for $12,000.00 I am unemployed my wife is.(thank god) The card is on my name only. She has her own card. We live in California which considered common property. How do I make sure they will not garnish her wages. I don't trust there sleazy...

I am being sued by American Express [ 4 Answers ]

I just got served a summons saying I am being sued by American Express Centurion Bank for $24,610.93. The paper says I have 30 days from January 7th to file a written response to be given to the plaintiff. I just received this summons today, though on the document they have it stamped as January...

American Express [ 23 Answers ]

I have an credit card account with American Express that was opened up several years ago while still married to my (now) ex-husband. During the divorce, I had to ask American Express to close the account because the ex kept trying to use it! After the divorce, I called them to try to change my...

American Express [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone:) I was recently contacted by Nationwide Credit, Inc. in regards to my debt with American Express. I was finally able to work out a payment plan with NC, Inc. They took their first payment on 5/27/09. About 2 weeks later another collection agency (Palisades Collection) starts...

View more questions Search