Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharla Kiley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2014, 10:41 PM
    Pain relief
    My 14 year old daughter has a(very large) fibrous mass in her abdomen possibly attached to an ovary. We are waiting for insurance to start to schedule surgery. She had been taking 800 mg ibuprofen and 1 xtra strength tylenol every 8 hours. It is not helping any more. The dr prescribed Hydrocodone/acetaminophen 10 325 T and it is helping less then the ibuprofen tylenol mix. Can she take the hydrocodone/acetaminophen and 800 mg of ibuprofen together safely??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2014, 08:11 AM
    Don't mix drugs on your basis or on decisions from here. Those are narcotic drugs. Talk to your doctor again.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 21, 2014, 08:27 AM
    Yes, she can alternate the two. However, she needs to cut out the extra Tylenol to avoid Tylenol toxicity.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 21, 2014, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Don't mix drugs on your basis or on decisions from here. Those are narcotic drugs. Talk to your doctor again.
    These meds are perfectly fine to alternate. I give the same drugs frequently to my surgical patients.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain relief [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is shaking and wining. He seems to be in pain from his feet which have been giving him a lot of trouble for the last few weeks. He doesn't want to walk anywhere. He has been to the vet twice now but they just sold me some wash. His feet seem crusty with dark patches between his pads. I have...

Any pain relief from TMJ? [ 5 Answers ]

I saw the post from Mary earlier today about TMJ, I was just diagnosed with it. The pain is comparable to labor pains. The dentist wants me to take muscle relaxer at night for a couple of weeks, then let him know if that doesn't work and he'll fit me for a mouth guard. Don't think I can wait a...

I need pain relief for fibromyalgia [ 1 Answers ]

I've had fibromyalgia for 2-1/2 years. I've seen several different doctors & take several different pain meds ranging from vicodine to morphine. I tried all the "new" meds that are advertise on TV with NO relief at all. I am home alone with 2 babies & I really need help! What can I do for pain...

Pain relief pm [ 1 Answers ]

I have trouble sleeping at night and have had for years. I have been taking pain relief pm for years. I have to take for a night to sleep. I know this can't be good for me. Does anyone know of anything I can do that will help without taking medication. My doctor has had me on several sleeping...

View more questions Search