Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crafty54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2014, 01:23 PM
    Homeowners association
    Can a homeowners association have my verizon cable disconnected for late payment of association fees .
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 20, 2014, 01:27 PM
    Does Verizon have a contract with you or with the HOA?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 20, 2014, 03:05 PM
    Some communities under a HOA will have a contract with a cable TV provider to provide access to the homeowners. If that is the case with your HOA then they very well may be able to do it.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2014, 03:31 PM
    What do the covenants and/or by-laws specify? Could you give a general location where this occurred? Is the HOA managed by your fellow owners or by a management company?
    Has your late payment been made by now or still unpaid? If this is legal, it is a very cagey method of getting Assn. dues paid, but it could also be the "bright idea" of a new board member, who isn't familiar with the specific laws for your state or county or even city possibly. You need to expand with some details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homeowners association [ 1 Answers ]

If we have not had our bylaws and restrictions filed at the state yet are we still considered a HOA? And do we need to file a1120-H?

Homeowners association lien [ 6 Answers ]

Where can I get a form to file a lien against a property by the homeowners association?

Homeowners association leins [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a private neighborhood with protective covenants. We do not have a registered homeowners associaction but have all met several times and agreed to pay into a no interest earning checking account in the subdivion's name for maintenace and repair. $40 per month per household was the amount...

Homeowners Association Fees [ 6 Answers ]

I went to look at an apartment/Condo this weekend. I'm not going to buy it due to the sales people being ridiculously unorganized and I couldn't understand what they were saying, really. When I asked a question, they'd contradict themselves and so on. Anyway, the 1bd was $850 a month and he...

View more questions Search