Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gilbert5678 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2014, 08:43 PM
    How to increase disk space?
    Hello, my system partition C has only 4% of free space left. I have tried to delete some tempt files, empty the Recycle Bin and remove some unnecessary programs and files. But, the capacity of C partition only increases 397MB. How can I increase more space to my C partition? Do you have any idea?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 19, 2014, 04:00 AM
    What is the capacity of your drive and how much additional space do you need? It may just be too small for your use and require replacement with a larger drive or an additional drive.

To find out if there are any large files you can delete, use Windows built-in search to find files larger than a certain size, say 200 MB.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2014, 04:35 AM
    You refer to your C partition, does that mean you have other partitions? If so, how big? Is you My Documents folder on the C Partition? Are all your programs installed in the Program Files folder?

I generally create 3 partitions on my machines. I leave the C for the OS. I setup a D partition for data (and I move the My Documents folder to it) And I install all programs to a P partition.
    Carter4667 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2014, 07:50 PM
    Just check whether there is enough free space on the same physical drive that your C partition locates.

If so, you can try to increase the drive space in Disk Management: back up everything important, shrink the partition with free space and “extend” your C partition by right clicking.

But, if the free space is not continuously behind this C partition, the “extend” option often doesn’t work. So, you may try to use some partition resizing tools to extend your wanted drive with success, like IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free, GParted and EaseUS Partition Master, etc.

But, unfortunately, if there is no any free space left, you may have to buy a larger drive for your computer.

Note
    : Never forget to back up all important data well before the resizing process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low disk space [ 23 Answers ]

I have a laptop that runs on windows 7 and I have extremely low disk space on windows (C), in fact there is no space and I can't even view a photo in my albums. Clean up does nothing and it asks me to uninstall unused programs to free up space but I can't understand what the programs are to know if...

About not enough disk space on C drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hello ! I want to ask some question about my laptop on C drive that it is not enough disk space and can not install new update from Microsoft.But I want to use my old window vista.I had a whole window backup from C drive.Do you think can I install it on a new hard drive and new partition on another...

Free Disk Space [ 1 Answers ]

My computer says that I have low disk space on RECOVERY(D): and whenever I use disk cleanup it barely frees up any disk space. Is there any other way because I have a lot of updates and a few upgrades I need but can't without space.

About my local disk space [ 16 Answers ]

How can I free my local disk space ? My computer says that you are running very low on disk space on local disk c: but I don know how to delete some unnecessary files and about my computer and its performance is very low then when I open my computer I'm waiting for a long tym to open... (sorry...

Need Disk Space - where has it all gone? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm running out of disk space on my C: drive and I need to know what I can delete. I have cleaned up all the temporary files from the internet. I've also move most of my programs to other drives on my PC. I can't figure out where all the disk space has gone. I've already installed another...

View more questions Search