Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kryptonargon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2014, 08:22 PM
    "Disk is not formatted, format it now?" appears ewhen I open my card reader
    Hi I have a problem, when I open my memory card reader, a prompt screen appears and says " disk not formatted, format it now?". I don't know what happened with my drive.I inserted the memory card into other reader and it just says the same. I tried recovery software Recuva to back-up my files. But it only said "unable to determine file system type". Did I download the wrong software or has overwriting occurred? Because I have researched that overwritten files cannot be recovered anymore. What should I do? Please help me. Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 18, 2014, 04:49 AM
    I've gotten this on memory cards and USB drives. If there is data on the disk and you can read it, then ignore the message as formatting will erase all the data. However, I would make a copy of what you need ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have a kenmore scan 19000 How can I get a card reader for the memory card [ 3 Answers ]

Have a kenmore scan 19000 and need to find a card reader so that I can transfer the scan into my computer. It has a 4 M memory card. Otherwise, not sure how to get them into my computer with just the card. The card won't fit into my embroidery machine. I have a Kenmore elite. Help

Disk on key (USB) doesn't open, gives error message (format) instead. What can I do? [ 2 Answers ]

I've uploaded on my USB several files. When I tried to activate it later, I received error message "Disk not formatted, Do you want to format it now". Still didn't press "yes" - I really would hate losing the files on that disk! What do I do? I'm not too good with computers and such, so I would...

Disk on key (USB) doesn't open, gives error message (format) instead. What can I do? [ 0 Answers ]

I've uploaded on my USB several files. When I tried to activate it later, I received error message "Disk not formatted, Do you want to format it now". Still didn’t press "yes" - I really would hate losing the files on that disk! What do I do? I'm not too good with computers and such, so I would...

Flash disk cannot be formatted [ 4 Answers ]

I wanted to find out how I can format a flash disk with RAW file system. What is happening is that if I try to format it it gives this message 'Windows was unable to complete the format'.

Data recovery from formatted hard disk [ 6 Answers ]

How can I recover data from a formatted harddisk . I had inserted recover cd and the system hung without going any further. Im afraid the c drive must have been formatted. Please advice EDMUND

View more questions Search