Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2014, 06:04 AM
    WiFi Modem / Hack Into?
    Just curious if it's Possible.. In our Quest to find the source of the Biggest User of GB's in the Household... Can and if so How could say a neighbor Hack into our WiFi Signal..?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 17, 2014, 06:09 AM
    Wireless is inherently insecure and relatively easy to utilise.

Depending on your router there may well be more granular security and data controls available.
    As well as a Wireless key (WPA) the use of MAC filters can be useful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to use wifi with old BSNL ADSL(modem+router) for my new reliance Broadband? [ 2 Answers ]

I have BSNL wifi Modem.I am getting Reliance Broadband Connection.The ethernet from reliance does not fit into the BSNL Wifi Modem. 1)Do we have any type of "adapter" which acts as the intermediate between relaiance wire and my BSNL wifi modem? Or 2) Do I have to buy a new Netgear wifi...

Netgear wifi Modem problems [ 1 Answers ]

My problem is: my netgear wifi modem has suddenlly(a few months ago) gone super slow but it is wired to my computer which has fast internet (speeds are 1.5-2.1mbps) which is fast in australia condiering our 3rd world country lines. While our wireless devices get 18-47kbps which is unbearable. I...

Usb wifi modem device not working properly [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I try to connect to internet through a usb-wifi it says local only and as a result of this status I am not able to browse. Meanwhile other laptop in this range are working fine. I can't understand why this device is behaving very odd

Wifi vs Wireless and AT&T's Free Wifi Service [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I'm computer illiterate, and have a few questions. Please feel free to explain the most basic details. :) One, is wifi the same as a home wireless internet connection? If I disable Wireless Zero Configuration, could someone still utilize my free public wifi service at hotspots? ...

View more questions Search