Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VASANTH R Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2014, 03:29 AM
    Nat configuration
    Could anybody explain nat and nat overload(pat) setup for configure a webserver connection to the outside network?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 19, 2014, 04:24 AM
    If this question is anything but academic, let someone familiar with the network securely configure the webserver access, otherwise your webserver will likely be compromised quickly.

With NAT, one or more internal addresses are mapped to one or more external addresses, either statically or dynamically.

With NAT overload, multiple addresses or ports are usually mapped to a single address or port.

For the most basic webserver, ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) and a single external address are NAT'd to a single internal or DMZ address at ports 80 and 443 or custom port numbers. Other ports, such as 22 (SSH), to facilitate remote maintenance or backup of the server could also be configured.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FPI nat. Gas insert [ 12 Answers ]

I can get the pilot on no problem and it stays on. Then I turn knob to on position and turn flame control knob from low to hi nothing happens. I'm wondering if it's a clogged gas line or could it be a wiring problem. Thanks for your time.

How To Change NAT ? [ 1 Answers ]

What is NAT ? And How do I change it to open ?

View more questions Search