Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ASnead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2014, 03:47 PM
    Trucking jobs for convicted felons in Va
    I am a convicted felon about to go to school next week to get my CDls I am for a company that will hire me please
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2014, 03:56 PM
    Hi ASnead...

Best not to include personal contact information in your posts.

Much will depend on what the felony was for and how long ago the even took place. You might want to start by simply checking out the websites of some trucking companies, as many will list their requirements, including information regarding passed offenses. One site you could start at is called Fleet Directory and then focus on Virginia.

Again, depending on the circumstances, you might need to at least start with a local company.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2014, 08:14 PM
    First economy bad, so jobs in general slow. So you will have to hunt and look.
    Some that may, may not have to right now.

Expect those normally to be the lower paying with less benefit. Perhaps local carrier or things with dump trucks or tow trucks. Also visit some truck stops, they will have trade publications with recruiters info and company info in them.
    xxGFStonexx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2014, 05:31 PM
    Okay, first of all, why are there so many "convicted felons" on this web?
    I'm saying the same thing as DougaLC. Depends.
    I don't know much about felonies, but from my point of view,
    You can probably do it. Good luck! :)

-- xxGFStonexx
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2014, 06:06 PM
    There is a great amount of jailhouse lawyering about how felons allegedly can get "special" treatment with trucking jobs. Fat chance!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking jobs for felons in NC? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a small town and have my CDL from 2005 and graduated but got into and don't have any over the road experience and was looking to use the license, is that possible?

Trucking Jobs for Felons [ 19 Answers ]

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my CDL with all endorsements except HazMat. Recently graduated from an 18 week Truck Driving School)

Trucking jobs for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a resent grad from trucking school with a 7 year old felony I've applied to all of the major carriers with no results and the school is no help, were can I go now

View more questions Search