Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eve727 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2014, 04:29 PM
    Leaking kitchen faucet
    I replaced the cartridge and seals on my Colony Soft American Standard single handle kitchen faucet and the cartridge still leaks at the base.

I have the 4175.500 model faucet with the m951471-0070A spec cartridge.The American Standard part that was sent to me is the m951470-0070A. I spoke with someone from the company and they said that they are the same part.

Also,I noticed that the diverter is missing from the back, but maybe my sink did not come with one as I don't have a sprayer...

Do I need to tighten the screws more? This is my second try with a new cartridge. The first one that I ordered still leaked (a generic). I then purchased an authentic American Standard cartridge thinking that I needed the real brand part.

It still leaks. Also,it seems like one screw doesn't want to grab anymore. It finally did but when I was first messing with this it wasn't so difficult... I am afraid that I will overtighten the screws.. Any suggestions? Thank-you
    SpaParts Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Mar 13, 2014, 09:56 AM
    To repair your leaky faucet, the first step is to shut off your water supply. First, look to see if there is a shut off valve under the fixture, if not there, then you can always turn off the hot water supply right at your water heater.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 13, 2014, 12:29 PM
    I think he has the shutting of the water off at this point Spaparts as he has already replaced the cartridge twice...

Did you get the ORING replacements for the faucet? If not, I suspect that the faucet has some SPOUT ORINGS that need to be lubricated and replaced. The valve does NOT have a diverter for exactly the reason you stated, "as I don't have a sprayer".

Get the ORING replacement parts (part #M964324-0070A and M960994-0070A) and some silicone grease and pull the cartridge and the spout up and off the valve body...grease and replace the ORINGS and rebuild the fauc\et. That should resolve the issue.

Click here for a parts diagram: http://www.americanstandard-us.com/a.../Parts_964.pdf

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking Danze kitchen faucet [ 0 Answers ]

Danze model D404854 leaks under the single handle. How do I remove the handle assembly to access the adjusting ring or cap. Danze's trouble shooting guide suggests these might be loose.

Kitchen faucet sprayer leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Moen kitchen faucet with a sprayer. I have noticed whenever I use the sprayer, water leaks down wherethe sprayer is housed. I never had this issue with my former sprayer. Not sure how to remedy this. I have thought about looking for a gasket that would fit around hose so...

Leaking kitchen faucet [ 0 Answers ]

Our kitchen faucet is dripping and has progressed to an almost constant drip. How do I fix this. It's the type of faucet that can adjust from a steady stream to a shower pattern.

Kitchen faucet leaking onto the countertop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a single-handed kitchen faucet that has a sprayer. The main problem is that it is leaking from the base of the faucet onto the countertop. I recently changed all the innards to the faucet because it was leaking from the faucet top. Can anybody tell me what I should or could do to stop...

Kitchen faucet leaking [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my kitchen faucet leak when I am running the bathtub or washing machine {both in other areas of the house}? How do I fix it? Could it just be that the seal in the faucet is worn? If so, do I need to replace the faucet or is there a way to just replace the seal? I have a single handle...

View more questions Search