Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vision1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2014, 09:36 AM
    Error on Access 2007: "This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too comple
    Hi guys,

I get an error on Access 2007: "This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables"

This is the code:
    SELECT DISTINCTROW Sales.SalesDate, Products.ManufacturerID, Products.Colour, Products.Model, Products.Size, Sum(CLng([Sales Details].Quantity*[Sales Details].UnitPrice*(100-[Sales Details].Discount))/100) AS [Total Sales], Sum([Sales Details].Quantity) AS [Total Units]
    FROM Products INNER JOIN ([Frame Control] INNER JOIN (Sales INNER JOIN [Sales Details] ON Sales.SalesID = [Sales Details].SalesID) ON [Frame Control].SIID = [Sales Details].SIID) ON Products.ProductID = [Frame Control].ProductID
    WHERE (((Sales.SalesDate)>=[forms]![Report Date Range]![Beginning Order Date] And (Sales.SalesDate)<=[forms]![Report Date Range]![Ending Order Date]))
    GROUP BY Sales.SalesDate, Products.ManufacturerID, Products.Colour, Products.Model, Products.Size;

Its really strange how it used to work before. Any ideas to resolve this would be grateful!

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2014, 09:57 AM
    I would try copy and pasting the SQL statement into SQL view of Query Design Mode then try switching to Design view. This is likely to give you a clear indication of what is wrong.

I'm guessing the problem is here:
    FROM Products INNER JOIN ([Frame Control] INNER JOIN

A join has to be expressed as tablename.Fieldname = tablename.Fieldname

[Frame Control] is left hanging out in nowhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to set hijri & gregorian date on form access 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Kindly help me in two areas, 1- I have design a database of "Receiving and Sending document" I want to input both date "Hijri & Gregorian" when I set date format from control panel it show only one format I need both, how I set it? 2- I want to show report with date filter that user selects...

Run Time Error'3075': Syntax Error(Missing Operator) in query expression [ 6 Answers ]

I am running a database using MS Access 2000 along with Visual Basic. Inside the database I am running a specific tracking summary form that takes information from a populated main table. Inside the tracking summary form I have three combo boxes; Status, Fiscal Year and Province, with their...

C: Drive Error "Access is Denied". [ 1 Answers ]

OK so let me take it from the start! As you may have heard about this error "access denied" in the c: drive well you see... My case happens to be kind of special! Why? Because Im am really stuck and CANNOT do anything! Let me tell you all about my system and hoping you can help! This all...

Typing "me" adds non-typed numbers [ 1 Answers ]

When I type "me" and hit the space bar, it show up as "me4333333333333333333333" except with even more 3s. This only happens with the word me. I'm using Word 2007 and running XP. I've done a virus scan with Norton Internet Security, which comps up empty. Any suggestions? Thanks John

Access 2007 eula & gen'l question(s) [ 3 Answers ]

Bit o' background: 1. I've become proficient with DatabasePro and give it a 7 out of 10. It does what I want database-wise but difficult to get to web display. 2. I give Zoho Creator 8.5 out of 10. It's free and online, but I fear one day they'll go away or start charging. 3. I've...

View more questions Search