Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frissbeegolfer4 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2014, 06:01 AM
    Gibson furnace not running
    Hi, I have a Gibson kg6rk that has locked out. I got 1 light flashing ,inducer motor running and doing nothing else , no power going to pressure switch. I tried jumping ps to see if switch was problem didn't work, no juice found at switch wires. I replaced circuit board to no avail ,still doing same thing! Any help would be greatly appreciated live in suburb of Chicago and it cold. Thanks Greg
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2014, 07:46 PM
    Can you please tell us the meaning of the blink code? There should be either a sticker (maybe inside the blower compartment door) or the key to the blink code could be printed on the circuit board. If you have the owner's or installation manual the blink code key should be in there as well.

Mar 13, 2014, 03:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady White View Post
    Can you please tell us the meaning of the blink code? There should be either a sticker (maybe inside the blower compartment door) or the key to the blink code could be printed on the circuit board. If you have the owner's or installation manual the blink code key should be in there as well.
    Hi,It is limit open circuit ,external load on "w".I checked power at board 69 volts at m1,123volts heat,123volts eac,123 volts transformer.thermostat is calling for heat 26 volts.I went on roof with inducer fan running good flow coming out. Nothing can get in flu.I bypassed pressure switch with furnace off then turned on still nothing right at start. Thanks for the help!
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2014, 05:34 PM
    You obviously have a volt meter. Now it is a matter of tracing the limit circuit. Usually these limits are in the 24 volt control circuitry. The wiring diagram will help you determine which wires are in that circuit. It's a shame manufacturers won't make the various circuits in all furnaces a standard color.
    One can also use an ohmmeter or continuity tester to look for open limits. To use a voltmeter, the power has to be on. With an ohmmeter or contiuity tester, you'd want the power off. Limits are all in series.

Mar 14, 2014, 03:37 AM
    You obviously have a volt meter. Now it is a matter of tracing the limit circuit. Usually these limits are in the 24 volt control circuitry. The wiring diagram will help you determine which wires are in that circuit. It's a shame manufacturers won't make the various circuits in all furnaces a standard color.
    One can also use an ohmmeter or continuity tester to look for open limits. To use a voltmeter, the power has to be on. With an ohmmeter or contiuity tester, you'd want the power off. Limits are all in series.
    Hi there's no power on the limits circuit, no power at roll out switch, no power at any switches.
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2014, 07:02 PM
    How are you checking for power at the switches, including limits & roll outs?

Mar 14, 2014, 07:06 PM
    How are you checking for power at the switches, including limits & roll outs?
    Volt meter
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2014, 06:36 AM
    Sorry, poorly asked question. Where are you putting the probes? One should be on the common side of the transformer or low voltage common terminal of the board & the other should be moved from test point to test point. Another way is to put the probes on each side of the component in question. If you get no voltage across the component, that component is open & the source of the trouble. BTW: I saw you had 69 volts at terminal M1. What is M1 connected to? "M" usually designates a motor terminal. That voltage was measured to ground or neutral?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gibson furnace [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace green light blinks continuously and motor kicks in like it is going to start but then shuts off

Gibson furnace? [ 0 Answers ]

The fan on our gibson furnace will not shut off. We replaced the thermostat which didn't help. Any suggestions?

Gibson Inducer Constantly Running [ 0 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a Gibson gas furnace, and am having issues with the inducer. As soon as there is power to the furnace, the inducer starts running and doesn't stop until I cut power. The furnace will go through 1 heating cycle. But won't kick back in for a second cycle when called for. The...

Gibson blower motor not running. Unit outside freezes up.what's wrong? Relay Switch? [ 0 Answers ]

We have a Gibson central air and heat pump. Blower quits and unit outside freezes up. If we turn it off for a while everything works okay for a little while. Is the relay switch in the blower motor bad? If so where is it located?

Gibson Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

Gibson Furnace will blow cold air sometimes instead of warm air. I believe it to be a problem with a wire because we had it worked on before. There are also two lights - one stays on continuously and the other one will blink. Is this something I can repair myself? If so, how? The furnace is...

View more questions Search