Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hitman Kennedy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2014, 11:37 AM
    Could I go to college without a high school diploma or a GED?
    So I love to draw I started drawing when I was 8, and overtime as I got older my skills started to progress and I got so much better. I'm 18 now and I'm basically and will probably be a high school drop out, during my whole career of being in school I have had a learning disability I've been in special education since the 4th grade, at that time I had one good teacher tell me that just because I have a learning disability that doesn't mean that I'm stupid or dumb it just mean that, I learn differently then the regular kids. When I got into high school I was doing good my freshmen and sophomore year, junior year was stuff but I was able to make it through senior year which is this was with out a doubt hard it's like I was removed from special ed into all regular classes, and I wasn't getting the help that I needed and it was like they didn't care. After high school I was planing on going to the art institution of Chicago and fear that I won't be able to go because I don't have, a high school diploma I can draw in all but I wanted to go to be taught things that I might not know about I also want to be taught how to use colors, so that's why I wanted to know is it possible to go to a art school without a GED or a High school diploma.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2014, 11:44 AM
    Nope... they will accept applicants based on their scholastic achievement... and to prove you are prepared and ready for the classes meaning you have taken and passed everything you need to be able to handle the classes. No diploma or GED means you never completed them.

There are rarely more openings than people applying.

Incidentally.. and I'm not saying this to be mean. But if you had trouble learning with the regualr kids in high school... you are going to be overwelmed in College because that is much more intense, and much faster paced and far more demanding than high school ever was. You don't get any special help and you are expected to keep up with everything and meet or exceed requirements....or you fail or drop out. All colleges are this way.

Art school is no less different. I know several people who did attend and graduate from a well known Art School. It was VERY callenging and difficult. And thats from people who were VERY artistically gifted compared to myself. I earned a Engineering degree....I could not have made it through an art school....my artistic talents were not sufficient.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 11, 2014, 02:44 PM
    There are instructional YouTube videos available (Google "YouTube art instruction" but without quote marks) on the Internet. Also, go to your public library's reference desk and ask about getting art instruction DVDs and books from their own holdings and through interlibrary loan. (I'm hoping you have a valid library card.) My father-in-law taught himself how to paint a la Bill Alexander style (oils, landscapes) by watching Bill's TV programs and DVDs.

Here's a link to one of Bill Alexander's fun-to-watch YouTube videos showing how to paint a waterfall --

Waterfall and Rapids Part One - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for GED or high school diploma`s [ 3 Answers ]

Is there grants for online GED`s or high school diploma`s

Can I get into college with a online high school diploma? [ 11 Answers ]

I want to go to college but did not finish the 12th grade. Probably 1-2 credits shy. I am 29 now, married with a child! I want to go to college and get my life on track! Can I get into college with an online high school diploma? Which would you recommend? What is a life experience diploma?

Can a person get a good job with out a high school or ged diploma [ 3 Answers ]

What kind of good jobs they will let you have?

Can a person become an police officer with out an ged or high school diploma [ 3 Answers ]

In chicago If he has no ged or diploma

View more questions Search