Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jedswanscott Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2014, 12:55 PM
    Pain and muffling in both ears
    Hey guys,

I'm a 15 year old kid, also huge on music, but I've been having this problem that's causing me problems in everyday life. A few days ago, I had a serious pain in my left ear, I thought this was just an ear ache, but this felt worse. It was excruciating pain, and I couldn't sleep because of it. The next morning, my hearing was slightly muffled in that ear, I thought it was going to clear up, but it hasn't, if anything it's gotten worse. I can hardly hear during conversations, but my right ear was still working fine.

Only until recently (a few hours ago) my right ear has started to hurt from the inside, and I fear that it will get worse, leading to the same muffling in my left ear. My dad did put some ear drops into my ear, thinking that it was just trapped water, but it hasn't changed anything. I am hoping to see a doctor soon, but this is really bothering me and I don't know what I can do to help myself.

Please can can I have a quick answer, I'm desperate.

Thanks
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 10, 2014, 01:02 PM
    If I had to guess, and note that it is just a guess, I would say that it is an ear infection of some variety or a sinus infection that is congesting your hearing. There are urgent care or walk in clinics you can go to, but I would go as quickly as you can.
    Jedswanscott Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2014, 01:12 PM
    Thanks for the answer,

Would your answer change if I said that I've been having really bad headaches? I don't know if this is related or not but it may be a principle. Plus the pain has increased dramatically recently and I'm very concerned.

Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 10, 2014, 02:35 PM
    Your dad needs to get you to an ER (something I rarely suggest). He should have taken you to a doctor or clinic today, but now it's too late.

There are many kinds of earaches and headaches. The least serious condition I can think of is virus sinus congestion that runs it's course, and second is a sinus infection that is bacterial. That would take antibiotics.

There is also something called mastoiditis. Teeth can cause ear pain. The list goes on. Tell your father that it really is excruciating. It can cost more the longer he waits.

It's not related to going deaf from high decibels.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2014, 04:07 PM
    It is probably an ear or sinus infection. You need to go to a doctor because you probably need antibiotics. Your symptoms are the exact symptoms of an ear infection. It won't go away without antibiotics. It hurts more when you try to sleep because there is probably fluid behind your eardrum (dad's ear drops are pointless) that shifts when you lay down, creating painful pressure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ears [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 16 my ears hurt I cleaned both ears with cottan bud but in really bad pain and can't hear it started bleeding a tiny bit I tried looking I up but don't know what to do pleases help

Pain behind my ears and always light headed [ 3 Answers ]

Since the beginning of the winter in 2008, I have been getting a really bad pain behind my ears, in the area of where your hair grows, mainy on the bone that sticks out a bit. I have it almost all the time. But when I'm out in the cold it gets 10 times worse and it feels like its affecting the...

Ears [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boxer and lately all he dose is shake his head and itch his ears. I put drops in them But dose not help. They don't look red inside I don't know what to do. Help. Thanks

Ears, ears, ears. When will it end? [ 28 Answers ]

Okay so for those of you that don't remember... Callie started scratching her ears, A lot. She wimpered every time she would scratch them. I bought some ear solution and cleaned her ears and it did not help. I finally took her to the Vet and the Vet said he could not find any signs of earmites...

View more questions Search