Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waynejc Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2014, 12:53 PM
    Account Administrator
    I bought a NEW laptop in Arizona, and I want to give my Old laptop to our granddaughter in Calif. I want to be taken off the old laptop as Account Administrator, and have our daughter assigned as the New Administrator in Calif. so she can control the laptop of her daughter. I still want to be Account administrator for my NEW laptop in Arizona. Can this be accomplished or does anyone have an easier way to do this. (I don't want my daughter calling me all the time for my PW when she has to change something on the Old laptop.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 10, 2014, 01:03 PM
    Simply reset the password to something your daughter knows or even to a factory restore.
    waynejc Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2014, 01:26 PM
    Curlyben, thanks for replying. I tried or (I think I did) to change the PW for Account Administrator and All hell broke loose! Microsoft sent me an email asking if I tried to reset the PW and if I did it would take 1 month for them to send me the info on how to do it. I still don't know what that is all about except they - Microsoft keeps sending me emails asking if I am wanting to change the PW, or if someone is trying to hack my site. I tried to reply to Microsoft but their emails are the kind that you can't respond to. If I could get an email address for Microsoft that I could respond to, I would tell them my problem, (the one I addressed on this site), and let them advise me on how to handle the Account administrator for my old laptop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends, is there any way to enter the administrator account without password in win7 [ 1 Answers ]

I want to enter a administrator account without password in win 7, do you know any type of way please tell. Thanks

Is bank account a real type of account or personal account [ 2 Answers ]

Types of account are three types that is real account,nominal account and personal account.I need to know, is bank account a real account or personal nature. Please also need to know about type of accountprovision for bad debt and provision for taxation

Add Domain Account to local administrator Group in Windows 2003 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, This is Phani. I have a requirement in Windows 2003 Server. I installed Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on my desktop, creating Domain Controller DOMAIN and domain account BCMAdmin. Now I have to add this domain account to Local Administrator Group. Now I have started "Computer...

User Account Control Administrator [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: my name is Garry and I've been trying to find the dialog box which appears so you can either allow all users or certain one to use your computer. I'm the administrator and I must of check off one of the boxes on this dialog box by mistake and now I can't even install Microsoft Word it keeps on...

View more questions Search