Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 10, 2014, 12:51 PM
    Blue screen of death
    My computer and internet work well most of the time, but at least once a day, and sometimes as many as four times a day, I get that so-called "blue screen of death." It isn't a serious problem, but is pretty annoying if I'm watching a video or listening to music. I'm using Windows 7. Is there any simple way to prevent it?
    schan Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Mar 10, 2014, 01:44 PM
    There are multiple reasons your blue screen of death is occurring. Without any technical diagnosis, there's no way to tell what's causing the problem. Most blue screen of deaths occur due to outdated drivers. Try updating all your system drivers especially your video card driver and see if that fixes the problem.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 12, 2014, 04:37 PM
    If your system is older you might consider going inside and do a little house cleaning. Blow out any dust or hair including the fins of the CPU heat sink (if you own a cat or dog this is a must). With the power supply unplugged at the back re-seat all your connections or at least wiggle them in place being careful not to accidentally unplug or knock something off the board unless you know exactly where it goes back. Many times blue screens come on when you add something like new hardware or maybe conflicting programs, think back to when it started and if you made any changes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue Screen of Death [ 5 Answers ]

My computer has the blue screen of death thing popping up when I turn it on. I have fixed it before, maybe a year ago or so. I just installed some new software and I have to go into safe mode to un-install it. But th thing is I can't go into safe mode or anything. So what can I do?...

Blue Screen of Death [ 10 Answers ]

Yeah my friend has this and it will pop up once in a while. The thing is he's got a windows vista and I'm not too familiar with using it and down't know how I could fix the blue screen of death? Anyone know? Please and thanks.

Blue Screen of Death [ 3 Answers ]

What is Blue Screen of Death? What does the following errors mean? 01) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ***STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X0FEFF41C, 0X000000FF, 0X00000000, 0X84F03CC2) 02) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA *** STOP: 0X00000050 (0XE48CF000, 0X00000000, 0X80587D82, 0X00000001) I...

Blue screen of death [ 17 Answers ]

Just purchased a Dell Inspiron E1705 with mobile capabilites. Service is with Cingular. Every time I go surfing on the web at some point I will get this blue screen telling me windows has shut down to protect the computer. Dell tech support has been useless in solving this problem. Any...

Blue screen of death [ 4 Answers ]

got a friend with this problem any ideas to resolve it ERROR 0x00000024 NTFS.SYS and it says... check the disk with CHDSK /F to repair the problem... but I can't because I can't access to anything to do a CHKDSK... :)

View more questions Search