Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David0601 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2014, 10:25 AM
    Planet of the Apes (2001) ending!!
    Ok. I am extremely excited about the new movie Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I have seen Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Now I have just seen Planet of the Apes (2001). The ending is soooooo confusing!!

Leo arrives on earth and sees the statue of Thade. He came to earth and helped the apes take over the planet. I thought it was CEASER who helped dominated the planet. How on earth did it happen. WILL Thade be in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? Who was the one that helped dominate the planet? It is so confusing! I also know that Leo was on earth the entire time and was only in earth's late future.

Please help me get this straight. I have watched this movie three times already and still will never get it.

Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 10, 2014, 10:54 AM
    You are assuming that all the versions are connected together. They aren't. There was the Charlton Heston original which spawned a few sequels that did build on each other. But the Mark Walhberg remake was starting from scratch. And the James Franco prequel was also on its own.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 10, 2014, 11:18 AM
    I agree with Scott.

I was a HUGE fan of the originals back in the late 60's-early 70's and those were connected (loosely, but they were supposed to be connected).

After seeing the remake in 2001 and the ending, I was somewhat annoyed because it didn't hold up to my unrealistic expectations. I did like this newest version for the most part though. Then I sat there trying to make sense of all of it as you are trying to do. I decided that they really aren't connected. The 2001 version was its own film and should be forgotten. The new series of films seems to start with Rise. They are not following the original series of films and that is what threw me at first but it makes more sense if you just throw out the 2001 remake. Not sure if there is anything about this written anywhere but that is how I look at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tarzan of the Apes copyright 2012 Intro by T. Mallon [ 1 Answers ]

Library of Congress Control Nuimber2011937128 ISBN 978-1-59853-164-0 Published by the Library of America

Animated movie about monkeys or apes [ 1 Answers ]

There was this animated movie I used to watch I only vaguely remember bits and pieces of it. There were these monkeys or apes that wore clothes and it was pretty graphic as I remember being a kid. There was this annoying male monkey that always tormented and spied on the female monkey. They were up...

Similar movie to planet of apes! [ 0 Answers ]

Hey, I remember this movie that looked just same as planet of apes, but wasn't really! If I'm correct, the "apes" looked just like the ones in the movie it self, just different, big and hairy, they were slaves for the humans they had some kind of item inside their body that controlled them, so one...

Is it true that humans are descendants of apes [ 151 Answers ]

Is it really true that we are related to great apes and that we branched off them as a result of evolution? Also is this whole thing true: "It is time for students of the evolutionary process, especially those who have been misquoted and used by the creationists, to state clearly that...

View more questions Search