Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cynthia1967 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2014, 02:59 PM
    I am disabled and am having trouble evicting my tenants who have breeched the lease
    I need to evict my tenants for breech of lease. They have never paid me the agreed upon rent for 2 years now.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 9, 2014, 03:06 PM
    Tell us the state where the property is located and we can tell you the procedure for eviction.

Mar 9, 2014, 03:18 PM
    How can I get a liese pendins removed from my property?
    A liese pendins was placed on my property by my tenants attorney, the tenants, who have never paid rent in 2 years are still in my house and won't leave, I live in a much smaller house on the same parcel of land and am disabled, I am not able to afford to pay the taxes on the property any longer and must sell it. How can I get them out?

Mar 9, 2014, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657 View Post
    Tell us the state where the property is located and we can tell you the procedure for eviction.
    North Carolina
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 9, 2014, 03:34 PM
    Please don't start a new thread to add new information. I've merged your threads so we can keep all of the information together.

The purpose of filing a lis pendens on a property is to give notification to the public that a lawsuit is about to be filed concerning that property. Has your tenants' attorney filed any lawsuit yet? How long ago was the lis pendens filed? What else is going on with this situation?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2014, 03:37 PM
    What have you done to get them out? Why have they not paid for 2 years. Sounds like they know the law and are abusing it and taking advantage of you. Do you have an attorney?

There really has to be more to this story then you have told us. We need to know the background to help.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 9, 2014, 04:50 PM
    I agree that there is more to this. We hear a lot about loose arrangements to do work on property that needs repairs, and the amount of rent vs cost of renovations isn't carefully ironed out, and then 2 years have gone by.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Process for evicting tenants in NYS [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tenant that has never paid their rent on time, have to ask several times. They harassed the upstairs tenants to a point that they asked to break their lease. They were very good tenants and I hated to see them move. I informed the downstairs tenants that their lease was up on June 30,...

Tenants without a lease? [ 2 Answers ]

What rights does a landlord have with regards to eviction when he/she has allowed a relative to live rent free in a home owned by landlord for years without any form of lease agreement.

Evicting handicapped tenants in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

I have a handicapped tenant in Texas. She uses a motorized wheelchair and is house bound. She Has not paid rent for 4 months with various excuses. What special considerations do handicapped Tenants get when it comes to eviction? Does the 3 day notice to pay rent or vacate still apply? Does...

Evicting tenants with no lease [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict a tenant who's residency is contingent on the work he performs on the premises (or doesn't perform)? No agreements were signed, I live in New York

Tenants lease is up on 31 [ 4 Answers ]

Tenants lease is over on the 31st and they are to vacate. Called this morning and asked could they stay an additional 7 days. Do I charge them, do I write up a weekly rental agreement, what do I do?

View more questions Search