Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    80sRebel Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2014, 04:56 PM
    Help find this obscure 90s comic
    I started remembering this comic last year, but for the life of me I can't find out the title or anything else. My older brother brought it home one Friday afternoon back in July or August of 1993, so that's the latest possible publication date. It may have been an insert or mini comic inside another comic or magazine. He mainly read MAD, Aliens, Alien Vs. Predator, and Terminator. It was a full-color, English language Western comic, possibly an alternative comic, since it was more about social issues. It seemed to be a sci-fi, set in a dystopian future, and about AIDS. All I can remember is the splash page/cover and some scenes, which I describe below in full detail.

The cover/splash page had all the characters standing around in what looked like a gray room. Most were drawn somewhat simply and sketchily, similar to the style of the old comic strip Six Chix. There were three men, two women, and an R-D2 like robot. All were in their late teens. One man was blond with messy hair and was white, wearing a white shirt and a light blue overshirt and blue jeans. The second man was white with brown hair and wearing similar clothes. The last man was tan with long dark hair in a ponytail and wearing a white flight suit with a dark stripe down the outside edges. Both women were white. One had long red wavy hair and red lipstick. She wore a wide dark green or black cloth headband, long black dress with a low scoop neck and long dark green sleeves, and wide black choker. The other woman, named Jenny, was standing leaning on her left leg, arms folded, and eyes closed, crying. She was more realistically drawn, but her tears were light blue and flat, drawn as zigzags. She had blonde pixie-cut hair that was slightly spiky, red lipstick, and wore a red sleeveless, off the shoulder, crop top, red mini pencil skirt, fishnet tights, black boots or pumps, black and silver studded and chain belts, and silver bangles on both wrists.

The first panel I remember showed the blond and brunet outside and walking. They were both in the foreground so you see them from the chest up. The blond was on the right and was looking up and worried, raising his left arm as he said "A condom a day keeps the doctor away." The brunet had his right arm over the blond's shoulders and was turned toward him, laughing as he said "You're scaring me, man!"
    Next showed the man in the flight suit talking to the robot about how he was going to have a date. The redhead woman meet, and go to his bedroom. The view was behind and a little above them as they walk in. He was on the right and she on the left, his arm over her shoulders. Both sides of the room were filled with pots of green fern-like plants. "Wow, your room's full of Gomorra love weed!" she mused. (I'm not sure of the exact name). Next the view was profile of them as they sat on his bed, arms around each other, eyes closed, and kissing on the lips. Next was a close of the woman's chest as the man reached his right hand out to pull down the neckline. He had his wrist in her left hand, saying "Stop." or "Don't." "What's wrong?" he asked worriedly. She smiled and said "We're not alone", or "We're being watched", and they saw the cute robot watching them from across the room.

The final scene, and what's really stayed with me, involves the blonde woman, Jenny. She was in a dilapidated gray building and crying, possibly talking to someone. The next panel showed a view from above, where Jenny was sitting curled up by a wall. She had her head in her hands. Lastly, on another panel, was the blond man. He was thinking "Damn, Jenny, damn." I get the impression this had something to do with an unwanted pregnancy, or an STD like AIDS, and that maybe Jenny tried to kill herself over it, and she and the blond man were involved.
    To find this comic, I have done Google searches, both web and image, for "90s comic about safe sex" and "90s alternative comics" and the like, with no luck, as well as trying to check old comics in the comics stores.

I really want to find this comic and see it in continuity again, or at the very least put names to it and the characters. Any information about the possible writer, artist, title, or publisher is welcome. I don't believe it was published by Marvel, DC, or Gold Key. I'm leaning more toward Dark Horse, as well as possibly Image, Malibu, First, and Eclipse. Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

What is this obscure 90s sci-fi comic about safe sex [ 0 Answers ]

I saw this comic in July or August 1993. I don't remember the title but I do remember some characters. The splash page or open page had the characters standing around. The only character's name I remember is a girl named Jenny. She was standing with her arms folded, and she was crying. She had...

Obscure Cartoon Movie from the 80s/90s [ 0 Answers ]

My sister and I have been trying to figure out what movie this is for a LONG time. The only thing we remember are the following: 1. Underground mall with river running through it and people go through it on a boat. Models and mannaquins are on display. 2. The female protagonist (we think...

Obscure comic book character name/info [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, from my youth I remember a comic book where a collection of superheroes was bringing their former members in for consultation of a major threat. Sort of of a big "how the hell do we X this y?" One of their alumni apparently became a hobo, one who smelled so bad that when everyone was...

I can't find the titles from these obscure 80s/90s kids movies [ 4 Answers ]

When I was younger I remember three distinct movies I used to watch.One was of course The Last Unicorn, probably the most popular of the three. The other two I'm having trouble finding, maybe someone might know them. -the first movie was animation about a little brown haired boy with an odd...

Obscure late 80s or early 90s help [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what this movie or perhaps TV show, but I have this vivid memory of watching something, I don't remember much but this is what I do remember. It was about a little boy, he is at his home and a man delivers this large canister to his house, he gets into the canister, this canister is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.