Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chanin bradford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2014, 05:52 AM
    Dry cough
    My hubby has a dry cough nothing is coming up. Is there anything I can give him so we can both sleep and the cough to go away?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 8, 2014, 06:00 AM
    While you wait to get into the doctor for his appointment, you can increase the humidity in your home and give him expectorants such as Mucinex. He needs to increase his fluid intake as well.

Unfortunately, we cannot diagnose over the internet, so he will need to see a doctor. What I have suggested is only a temporary assist until he is seen.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2014, 02:23 PM
    Is he taking lisinopril? Know side reaction is dry coughing.
    NobleHospital Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 02:35 AM
    1. Cider vinegar - Take cider vinegar and honey and mix them together with each equal amounts. Use a fruit jar to store them. The mixture works well before you go to bed, so take two tablespoon of it and swallow slowly, making sure breathe properly through the nose.
    2. Carrot - Carrot contains nutrients and vitamins known to relief many symptoms of a dry cough. Take four to five carrots and add water to make a fresh juice of it. Drink the juice at least four to five times a day to soothe a dry cough. For best results, you can also add a tablespoon of honey in this juice.
    3. Raw Onion Juice - Chop an onion thin and extract its juice. Then blend a tablespoon of raw onion juice with a tablespoon of honey and let the mixture rest for five hours. At the end, an effective cough syrup is created which you need to take couple of times a day.
    On the other hand, if you’re battling with cold, then blend this raw onion juice along with boiling water and lemon to remove phlegm.
    4. Salt Gargle - Mix lukewarm water with a teaspoon of salt to gargle and treat a dry cough.
    5. Oregano – To reduce the intensity of a dry cough, boil oregano with a cup of water, filter it, and drink.
    6. Drink Green Tea with Honey - Adding honey in a cup of green tea not only soothes your throat but also cures a dry cough.
    7. Aniseed Tea – If your throat is plagued with dry coughs, then it will respond well after taking a cup of aniseed tea – a spicy tea having a flavor similar to fennel and licorice.
    8. Raisins - To relieve you from dry cough, grind 100 grams of raisins with water and create a “healing” sauce. Blend this mixture with 100 grams of sugar and heat it until a sauce like effect is achieved.
    Take 20 grams of this sauce daily before going to bed to cure a dry cough.
    9. Humidifier - Dry cough usually comes at night. You may want to insert a humidifier in your bedroom to prevent from it.
    10. Hot Milk - At the end of the day, you want to get a good night sleep. Drinking a hot milk with honey before going to bed will not only cure a dry cough, but will also help you get a blessed sleep.
    11. Ginger Tea - If you throat is getting itchy, then you can drink ginger tea – a mixture of ginger in boiling water with regular amount of tea leaves. Finally, in this mixture, you may also want to put in a touch of pepper and 3 to
    4 basil leaves before drinking it HOT to soothe your throat.
    12. Cinnamon - Have you tried using cinnamon in a cup of tea to sooth a dry cough? If not, this is another great home remedy available for you.
    13. Almonds - Soak seven to eight almonds in the night and exfoliate its brown skin the next morning. Grind those almonds to create a paste. Insert 20 grams of sugar and butter each to the paste. Administer it twice a day, in the morning and the evening.
    15. Grapes - Grapes not only strengthen your lungs but also act as an expectorant. Take a cup of grape juice along with a tablespoon of honey daily and you’ll notice a huge difference in your throat as well as cough.
    16. Bonus: Turmeric – Turmeric is another most commonly used herb in the kitchen has a natural healing effect on dry cough. To relieve a dry cough, simply add a tablespoon of turmeric powder and carom seeds each in a cup of water. Boil the mixture until the volume becomes half. Then add honey in this mixture and drink it two or three times a day.
    Alternately, you can also roast the root of the turmeric, grind it to make its power, and mix this power with honey and water.
    If you were suffering from a dry cough, then after going over these top 15 home remedies for dry cough, you should be in a better position to cure a dry cough and soothe your itchy throat, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dry cough [ 5 Answers ]

Ive had a try cough for over a year now and I find I cough more when I eat or drink something. Is there any solutions to get rid of this cough

I have had a cough for about 3 months, can breath when I cough [ 3 Answers ]

And I taste blood when I spit up. Doctor put me on omeprazole but it does not help... I am tired. What do I do and what is this

Cough medicine for kennel cough [ 4 Answers ]

I am dog-sitting my mother's dog. He is a standard poodle. He went to the groomer's at PetSmart about 5 days ago. Early this morning he started coughing from 3 am until 8 am. Poor thing I felt terrible. I messaged my mom about it, she said he had coughed a few times before, (several days after...

Can allergies cause a dry cough? [ 5 Answers ]

Back in September I got sick with a cough and a runny nose, it lasted about 4-5 days and went away, except my cough. It has been with me since and it seems to have gotten worse recently. It's a dry cough, there is no flem or anything with it. I went to the doctor and he told me that he thinks I'm...

20 weeks pregnant with dry cough [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I would appreciate any advice, I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and had been having a flu (fever, cold and cough). I went to see an OB 2days ago and advised me to just take vitamins c and lots of water/liquid intake otherwise if I won't not get well she'll give me antibiotics. Today my...

View more questions Search