Ask
    rombrisse27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2014, 01:45 PM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans
    Why does my fan motor hum?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 7, 2014, 02:01 PM
    Do you think you can flesh this question out just a little bit more for us, please?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2014, 04:25 PM
    It could be anything from lose motor base bolt to an imbalance of the blades themselves. Check the blade screws first.
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Mar 16, 2014, 08:57 AM
    Here is a page which has an answer to this question, "Why does my ceiling fan make a humming noise?" One of the questions answered on that page is regarding humming noises. There are a few things you can check on your ceiling fan to determine where the humming noise is coming from. Going through blade balancing checks may also be a good idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 8 Answers ]

The Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan information has been moved here.

Hampton bay ceiling fans help [ 1 Answers ]

Fan has power and when I turn it on it just hums. Without the blades it works just fine. THe light works OK. I have removed the packing nuts. Is there something I'm missing?

Hampton bay ceiling fans.com [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there-i hope someone out there can help us. We have a beautiful Hampton Bay ceiling fan and we can't get the bottom off to change the bulb. The serial # is 0064692 and the model # is 54shr1. We can't find the book that came with it and we called Home Depot (where we bought it) and all they said...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan 52" 5 blades/3 speeds 2 months a go on Home Depot and now one of the speeds isn't working anymore,I have only slow and fast (or medium,i'm not sure) What should i do? I know that inside there is a small plastic box, a "circuit brake" system, seems that...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two Hampton Bay 60" Industrial Ceiling Fans (Model # 158 987) on the same electrical circuit. Unfortunately, I had installed the circuit before I purchased the fans. I now find that the 4 speed fan switch is not strong enough to properly operate both fans. They spin on the two...

View more questions Search