Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Josephinus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2014, 06:34 AM
    Litter tray query!!
    Is it too late to wean my 9 year old cat off her litter tray??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 6, 2014, 06:38 AM
    Pretty much, although you could try moving it outside.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2014, 06:49 AM
    You might as well try to move a mountain; but why do you want to do this?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 6, 2014, 11:05 AM
    You could try, but a lot of cats don't like changes to their routine or environment. If you do try, prepare for revenge messes, probably on your bed or other places that your scent is very heavy on.

And not to be an echo, why would you want to stop using a litter box? Most litter training questions are on how to start, not on how to stop.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2014, 11:07 AM
    What would you want to replace the litter box with?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wean off the litter tray [ 4 Answers ]

My two cats are sisters. They are three years old and one goes to the toilet outside but the other one always uses the litter tray. How do I get her to start going outside too?

Kittens & The Litter Tray! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I am fairly new to this but thought it would be incredibly handy for other people's insights into this matter. Now the we have 5 cats, three are no problem but in the past few months, our now 8 months old kittens have developed issues with the litter trays. 2 of the older cats are actually...

Weaning off the litter tray! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, Does anyone know how I can wean my two darlings off the litter tray? They go outside and promptly come back in and use the tray! I thought about just removing the tray but wondered if they would just 'do it' on the floor! Many Thanks!:)

My cat makes a mess with the litter tray [ 9 Answers ]

I have recently adopted my friends cat as they are moving to spain. I have kept her in for awhile (nearly 2 weeks now) so she can get use to us and her new surrondings, I was told she is litter trained and she does use her tray however she then throws the cat litter ( when I am not looking) all...

Cat Not Using litter tray all the time [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 12 year old Domestic Short haird Female cat who is desexed, she has lived out doors most of her life but now she is living indoors, its been a few months now, anyway I bought her a litter tray. I put the litter tray in the laundry and that is also where she eats but it is not right...

View more questions Search