Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    otrdon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 07:06 PM
    North Carolina Non-Resident Vs Part-time resident
    We purchased a second home in North Carolina in July. I stayed a week in NC and went back to my main home in Florida. In September I put our condo in Florida for sale. At the end of September I got a job in NC. I quite my job in Florida and start working in NC end of September. Our condo sold march 2007. If it did not sell we would have had to sell our home in NC and move back to Florida.

Would I be considered a non-resident or part-year resident if our primary home was in Florida (But it was listed with a realtor)
    Thank you for your response...
    Noviceplaintiff Posts: 38, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by otrdon
    We purchased a second home in north carolina in July. I stayed a week in NC and went back to my main home in florida. In september I put our condo in florida for sale. At the end of september I got a job in NC. I quite my job in florida and start working in NC end of september. Our condo sold march 2007. If it did not sell we would have had to sell our home in NC and move back to florida.

Would I be considered a non-resident or part-year resident if our primary home was in florida (But it was listed with a realtor)
    Thank you for your response ...
    You are a part- year resident. Same scenario with myself. However I left FL August 11.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Agreed; you are a part-year resident of each state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non resident or part time resident of Mass. [ 3 Answers ]

I am in Massachusetts from 23 August till 31 December 2006, as a F1 student , so am I a non resident or a part time resident or both. Please answer me if you have any idea. Thanks

Part time ny resident [ 1 Answers ]

I was a resident of ny state until June of 2006, after which moved to fl and established residency there. Do I have to pay taxes to ny state on my income that was earned in fl? Every tax website that I go to automatically does it that way which means I owe $185 to ny. If I do my taxes without the...

Resident / Part-time resident -L1B [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have L1B Visa valid from 31st March 2006. I arrived in the USA in May end and have been here since then. Marital Status : Single I have a couple of questions: 1) My Status Resident / part time resident ? 2) What is the effect of this status on Tax computation? 3) Do I need to...

Part time resident or dual resident [ 1 Answers ]

In May of 2006, my then fiancée (now wife) and I moved from New Jersey to Pennsylvania. She changed her residency to Pennsylvania, however because of my work in NJ, I continued to maintain my apartment and residency status in NJ. We got married in July and now we are planning to file our federal...

Part time resident or non-resident for state tax form? [ 3 Answers ]

:( hi, I was on F1 visa in Texas till the month of September. Then moved to North carolina in October to work on OPT till December. So I am still eligible to fill the 1040NR-EZ form. But my confusion is the state tax form since for Texas I did not have to fill one. And now in the D400 state tax...

View more questions Search