Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkd104 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2014, 09:10 PM
    Workers' Comp Doctor says I can go back to work when I need surgery
    Hi,
    I've been out of work since Nov 4 2013. I've torn my rotator cuff and tendon and biceps. Two tears all the way through and one tendon has come unattached.

Workers comp sent me to therapy for 8 weeks (which only made it worse) and then finally got me an MRI. The surgeon said without a doubt if you are going to do your job, you need surgery. ( I cook at a university and it's very physical.)

I have not filed any previous claims. Finally, on the 18th of Feb, I saw their doctor.

After asking me some questions and looking at the MRI and doing some range of motion tests, he says "this is nonsense that you've been dealing with this since Nov. You need surgery and that's how I'm writing it up". In fact, he said he was appalled. I didn't ask him he volunteered this info.
    Today, I get a call from the adjuster saying his report came back and he said I can go back to work. I don't understand why or how this doctor would want to mess with my life like that. They are ending my benefits.

I can't go back to work. This is my dominant shoulder and the pain has increased vastly since I've been off. Had I gotten an MRI and surgery right away, like I begged for, I'd have been back to work by now.

Does anyone out there know what my next move should be? I'm quite overwhelmed by this whole situation. I just want to get fixed and get back to work.
    Thank You
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2014, 09:50 PM
    What does YOUR papers form the doctor say.

Did you tell the adjuster BS and that the doctor said surgery ?

The adjuster is most likely trying to get you to agree to go back to work, and not pay for more expense.
    dkd104 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2014, 09:59 PM
    Fr_Chuck, thanks for the response.

I don't have that particular dr's report. It should come by mail or I'm going to ask them to fax it tomorrow

Ms. Adjuster seemed to be unimpressed by what I told her regarding his comments. She just told me when I'd be cut off.

I do, however, have the reports and MRI from another ortho surgeon. Who says I will never be able to go back to my job without surgery.

I can't imagine that the doc would flat out lie, especially when HE volunteered the info.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 5, 2014, 05:46 AM
    I think its time to seek an attorney. There are several that specialize in Workers Comp claims.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workers COMP Settlements for Back Surgery? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, what happens to an injured worker that has the option to get lower back surgery as a result from an injury at work but chooses not to get surgery because of risks involved and also cannot return to work? Rehab for education and what benefits or what would happen?

I got 14% MMI for the workers comp doctor. I no I need 15% to get SIB. I fracture my [ 4 Answers ]

I got 14% MMI for the workers comp doctor. I no I need 15% to get SIB. I fracture my knee at work twice in one year patella tendon graft acl surgery. And I just had another surgery in OCT 2009. My question is my doctor that did the surgery says my disability in written says I should be 17% not 14%...

How much is a work comp settlement for two back surgeries [ 4 Answers ]

I had back surgery one year ago from a injury at work I had screws and metal plate put in I think it was a fusion, now a year later I have to have another surgery because the screws are to long, about how much will my settlement be?

What do I do if Workers comp doctors are prematurely making me go back to work. [ 2 Answers ]

About 5 months ago while I was working I cut approx a 1/2 inch Off two separate fingers right about where the arch of my cueticals were and my nails had begun. My fingers got grounded off by an electric plainer power tool. Luckly for me since that this happened while I was at work I was covered by...

Workers comp doctor don't relive my pain [ 1 Answers ]

Herniated 2 cervical vertebra at work they give me things that don't stop pain. It was so bad I went myself to pain management dr he tried to get approval to give me injection. Insurance co shot him down said I have neurologist. Called him for my pain said no I have to wait for neurosurgeon apt in...

View more questions Search