Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonywoonie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2014, 11:56 AM
    HDTV goes out when microwave door opened
    We have a 60" HDTV on our livingroom wall. The back of the wall is in the kitchen and has a microwave on that wall. When we open the microwave door. ( not even turning on the microwave yet) the TV will turn off for a second and them come right back on. It started doing this about 5 months ago. And once in a while but not all the time, it will happen when we turn the kitchen light on, which the switch is on a differen wall . Any suggestions as to why this is happening?
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2014, 09:18 AM
    Sounds like a brown-out condition. If the microwave and lights are on same circuit, the combined load might be just below an amount which would trip the breaker, but enough to cause sensitive electronics to shut down.

Try to feed the TV from a different circuit and see if problem persists.

This type of condition will greatly reduce the lifespan of sensitive electronics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shut AC down when Exterior door is opened? [ 7 Answers ]

Have a customer that wants the AC shut Down when a door is opened. My first thoughts are, To have a delay of 20? Seconds, so if a door is opened for less than 20 or whatever seconds, the system will remain on and uninterrupted. Over 20 or what ever timer set for to shut down AC Blower, If a Delay...

Dryer continues when door is opened [ 1 Answers ]

The dryer continues running when door is opened.

How do I turn light on in garage when door is opened? [ 1 Answers ]

My Genie garage door opener is old and the circuit board that controls the light coming on and going off has gone bad. So while the door opens and closes just fine, The two light bulbs do not light. I checked around and they are not making the circuit board that I need which is 27504R, is not...

Garage Door Opened On It's Own [ 2 Answers ]

I have a quick question about my garage opener. I was sitting home yesterday when I heard my garage open on it's own. I went down stairs no one was there and I did not see anyone on the street. I guess my question is should I be worried? Was this some random thing or was someone driving by...

View more questions Search