Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

May 13, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck719
    I've been wallowing for some time. So tired of it. Thanks for the advice.
    I found just changing my daily routine helps too. Even simple things that sound silly, like taking different roads to work. Going to different stores, and doing things in a different order during the day. I can help break the monotony which used to include that certain someone and help you to feel more changes than the one you are focused on. Lots of little changes helped to get me excited about changing my entire life.
    Tinkerbell24 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

May 23, 2008, 08:47 AM
    The frist thing I did was BURN ALL OF HIS STUFF THAT I HAD. Pictures, and some clothes. It helped out a lot
    Super Allie Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Vodka and a night of watching Friends
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

May 25, 2008, 10:22 AM
    I've been getting into Sex and the City, that's a good show to watch too.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

May 25, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Lots of ways there to meet a new friend, possible b/g friend. Very nice. I will have to try those out myself if my ex doesn't take me back :).
    waystogetexback Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Jun 16, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Get a journal and write about your experience. This is a therapeutic way of dealing with the break up.
    Go out with friends. Don't stay in and mope around
    Get a personal trainer who can motivate you
    Go to a motivational seminar
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

Jun 22, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Sit at the creek and clear your thoughts or take a nice road trip.
    xxrangerxx Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jun 27, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Exercise is a really, really good stress releaser in my opinion.

I've also been thinking about learning to play the guitar. I've always wanted to and since I'm currently going through an awful breakup, would be nice to try something totally new!
    xxrangerxx Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jun 27, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    Go for it man, great way to keep busy. Warning though, it is frustrating in the beginning, but totally worth it.
    I know I am certainly prepared! I've been playing golf all my life and I am STILL learning! :p

So if I have the patience for that I think I'll be fine with this!

My good friend has played the guitar his whole life and agreed to teach me so Im excited!
    redrose24 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2008, 12:18 PM
    After my break-up a few years ago, I turned to running. I had always loved to run, but somehow slipped out of the routine over time. Just the fact that I was outside doing something good for MYSELF helped my mind wander to other things besides my ex. Being cooped up inside is no way to make yourself feel better.. find a nice day and enjoy the sun. :) Life is full of surprises and you'll eventually find happiness again, even though that may feel impossible at the time.
    beebeecee Posts: 44, Reputation: 13

Jul 25, 2008, 05:56 AM
    What I do is... Sleep for a week straight, cry if and when I need to, and then trash or give away every single item that was bought with that person - given to me by that person - or strongly reminds me of that person. That part is a process for me though, I can never seem to bring myself to toss everything in one go so it usually takes three or four days and then I sleep for a few more days and then I re-arrange my room completely(already said but a great tip) and then sleep some more. When I'm upset I tend to really focus on nice long baths, have my hair cut differently, or otherwise pamper myself. The most important thing is just to take time for pampering and adjustment.

I don't think this has been said but training animals - especially clickertraining dogs is pretty neat after my last breakup I taught my dog to retrieve my shoes(well, he taught himself sort of I just rewarded it) and to touch his chin to anything I said and to go around and smack things with his foot from different positions and we learned a new game called "find the cookie" where he sit/stays and I go hide small treats and piles of food in a room and then release him from the sit stay and he's got to find all of the treats with nothing but his nose and my pointing from the entrance of the room, it's a great game and it can get pretty wild. And we tore up all the letters and cards from my ex together, he clamps his teeth on it and then we both pull until whatever it is is in little tiny shreds - I call it "stress relief".
    ManWithThePlan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 08:20 AM
    It's going to be rough for awhile. It's normal and human.
    The best thing to do is always keep your mind busy.
    Try to stay positive. Don't look at pictures of your ex... You know the saying
    "Out of sight, out of mind".
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 25, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Throw a party... and make sure to invite cute and single boys/girls :D

Try arts and crafts... it will keep you busy and you'll have a masterpiece to be proud of!

Write a song... you can calmly express your feelings, rather than creating hate mail.

Focus on your friends... they can help heal you and you'll soon be busy having fun.

Make a scrapbook... not of you and your ex, but of your family and friends.

Escape on a vacation... the sand and sun will relax you and give you some time to think.
    bunnybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2008, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wontbez
    Feel free to add to this list.

1. Volunteer
    2. Take a class in something you're interested in
    3. Learn a foreign language
    4. Read a book on the best seller chart
    5. Take up a sport (with friends is best) like Bowling or Golf
    6. Call old friends and family members
    7. Play some video games
    8. Watch some movies
    9. Join a gym
    10. Learn how to speed read (good software is rocket reader)
    11. Learn how to cook
    12. Get a library card
    13. Start a new savings account and make a bet with yourself on how much you can save
    14. Take on a new project at work
    15. Update your resume
    16. Buy some new clothes
    17. Buy that CD you've always wanted
    18. Change the layout of your furniture
    19. Go for walks
    20. Answer questions on this website
    Do the things you used to enjoy.find yourself again.
    01 m gt Posts: 14, Reputation: -1

Sep 11, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Join a kickboxin class. Not only you will learn how to kick someone`s butt really bad, work on your muscles, and plan revange if a guy is the reason you and your girl broke up lol, but it will also get all the strees out your head and heal the wound in your hearth faster!! (Thats what I did and trust me the guy part is the one you`ll enjoy the most)
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Sep 15, 2008, 01:25 PM
    This all sounds like very good advice to me. This can be a very hard time so take time to love yourself.
    pimp_mah_alpaka Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 04:06 AM

I don't know how many numbers there are so I'm going to start @ 1
    1: be happy being single! Now you can sit with the girls and watch guys on bondi :D
    2: eat chocolate!
    3: buy clothes
    4: make a group of friends and make up a funny looking dance routine
    5: watch funny vids on YouTube
    6: run around the house with friends and squirt them!
    7: scream/sing out your favorite song with friends
    Laugh with friends/family and you'll be out of those ' I miss him ' thoughts
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Oct 1, 2008, 07:43 AM

#8. you don't have to shave your legs everyday.
    pimp_mah_alpaka Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by isabelle View Post
    #8. you don't have to shave your legs everyday.
    9. You don't have to keep a daily watch on the pimples, mono brow and moustache
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 12:38 PM

Play chess, I swear it works. If you can't play it, learn it, and then try and beat your dad or older brother. I think it's a centuries old father/son legacy with chess. It really will make you feel so proud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breakup [ 18 Answers ]

Heh everyone I just broke up with my ex about a month ago... we just needed some time apart.. so now that I am trying to reconcile things I find out that he is messin with another girl... not his girlfriend but someone he is talking to.. he says that I left him so it will be on his terms when we...

Feelings for someone after a breakup [ 3 Answers ]

I broke up with my ex two months ago. I was mad at him for something extremely tiny. I felt betrayed. I have a very difficult time trusting people. I trusted him not to cheat. He never did. But, more or less, I trusted him with our relationship. I am a delicate person who tends to feel bad about...

My Breakup Story. (What is she doing?) [ 3 Answers ]

All right here it goes: I was with this girl for 2 years. I made the typical mistake that every guy makes and I smothered her and got jealous and all of that stupid crap. Towards the end of the relationship, I wasn't as bad. She broke up with me because she said it doesn't feel the same and she...

Pain of breakup [ 7 Answers ]

I recently went through a pretty messy breakup, firstly I'm 17 and just finished year 12 and am in the transition into workig life and university and this breakup has really messed with my head of a lot of things. One thing I've found is that I really can't let go, at first I thought it was because...

Breakup with friend [ 3 Answers ]

How do you explain to a friend that you have broken the relationship with another mutual friend (all women) without going into details or bad-mouthing?

View more questions Search