Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puttuna Posts: 17, Reputation: 2
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Have a picnic with yourself.
    Get a punching bag, sticky tape your Ex's Face (ONLY IF THEY HURT YOU ENOUGH) and Thump it.
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Jan 18, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Oh another fun game me and my friends came up with!! (it doesn't matter if you're good at drawing or not) get some marker that you could put on a mirror and wipe off. Draw a pic of your ex on the mirror. Get a cup of water and some toilet paper and make paper wads. Dip them in the water and throw at the picture! This is a fun game that if done with friends can relieve stress, hurt, and even though you are throwing them at a drawing OF your ex it will make you not really think about them... unless you are like me and my friends and throw the wads at different areas and discuss how he/she would react if they got hit there. It's great fun!
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Jan 19, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Start working out, you not only are doing something to get her/him off your mind, but your getting into shape and healthy at the same time. Real ego/confidence boost.
    puttuna Posts: 17, Reputation: 2
    -

Jan 21, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Go to a pet store and hug a Dog:)
    dana21 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2008, 10:15 PM
    Jeez.. what I had to do was.. volunteer at a animal shelter and study my butt off in school... knowing I'm moving up higher and making my life better... oh and I wrote in my journal.. having a journal is a great way to write your feelings onto paper!
    dana21 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2008, 10:41 PM
    Yes.. it is.. I have been writing in my black and white notebook since I was 8. and I'm 21 now still writing away haha..
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Jan 23, 2008, 10:46 PM
    For me as a guy I never had a 'journal' id write poems or what not, but the first month post break up, I wrote everyday in a blue 100 page spiral till it was full. Now I just talk to people lol
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Jan 28, 2008, 07:57 AM
    I've been writing poems for 5 years (since I was 12) It really is very helpful and enjoyable. So you writing poetry helps a lot. Although... most of my poems turn out depressing >.<
    Kaytie Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 11:24 AM
    29.)do something you hade never done before
    30.) express your happiness on drawing, paitings etc. or listen to music
    31.) do sometihng you've always wanted to do for a long time but this time have faith and believe this time you can do it!
    32.) explore and see what life is like behind those walls which were blocking your way to the things oyu want to do.. in short.. HAVE FUN BUT ODNT RUIN IT BY adding sour to a sweet day :P
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Feb 1, 2008, 07:19 PM
    I think a puppy would pass the time well. A dogs love is unconditional, plus you may meet new people taking your dog out to the park. Another thing to do is join a gym. Getting yourself back in shape will rebuild your confidence and help put on back on the right track.
    Alexanderrh Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wontbez
    Feel free to add to this list.

1. Volunteer
    2. Take a class in something you're interested in
    3. Learn a foreign language
    4. Read a book on the best seller chart
    5. Take up a sport (with friends is best) like Bowling or Golf
    6. Call old friends and family members
    7. Play some video games
    8. Watch some movies
    9. Join a gym
    10. Learn how to speed read (good software is rocket reader)
    11. Learn how to cook
    12. Get a library card
    13. Start a new savings account and make a bet with yourself on how much you can save
    14. Take on a new project at work
    15. Update your resume
    16. Buy some new clothes
    17. Buy that CD you've always wanted
    18. Change the layout of your furniture
    19. Go for walks
    20. Answer questions on this website
    Take the long awaited holiday the place you have always wanted to go to and enjoy meeting new people and seeing things you would never have seen because the other half.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Mar 6, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Travel somewhere where you do not know anyone at all and just enjoy yourself. Take up a class at a community college like cooking, art, etc. Meet new people and new friends.
    tamikanewell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 11:40 AM
    First and foremost, focus on yourself, now is "Me Time". See where u could have improved your relationship and always be with one who is willing to work at the relationship as well a yourself. Never ever give your all to someone who can't return the love and the next time around it may work out better.
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Mar 28, 2008, 02:29 PM
    This is similar to what most people are saying about getting hobbies and doing new things... but maybe also become a fan of something that you enjoy.
    Im a huge Cleveland Indians fan... I go to tons of games each summer and really get into following baseball. Im going through a break up now and I really hope that they can bring me out of my slump when the season starts next week.
    I always really liked the one quote from the movie Fever Pitch. I don't remember it word for word, but basically Jimmy Fallon's character is explaining how the Red Sox never let you down. They're always there to play, every day at the same time. If it rains, they make it up to you. They can't leave you or divorce you.
    losingit77 Posts: 105, Reputation: 31

Mar 30, 2008, 10:03 AM
    I just wrote a loving goodbye letter to ex (that of course I'll never ever send anywhere). God, its amazing how good it feels to just get that all out. I highly recommend! It feels so much better to be down the loving happy thoughts rather than focusing on the pain and anger.
    jamimama Posts: 65, Reputation: 9

Mar 30, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Rearrange your furniture or change the artwork on your walls. It will help you set up a space that is not imbedded with memories and you can find a way to make your place feel new and yours again... I've been having trouble coming back to my room, and trouble sleeping missing him beside me, so it helped somewhat to make my space clean and new again.
    jamimama Posts: 65, Reputation: 9

Mar 30, 2008, 10:18 PM
    I know you're supposed to throw away all the photos, but I just found looking at an unflattering photo of him a bit therapeutic.
    Andreas_111 Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Apr 19, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Have fun, listen to music.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Apr 23, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas_111
    Have fun, listen to music.
    I agree. For me, music is one of the most powerful tools to help change my mood. With the right music, I can put myself into just about any mood I want - though I guess I'm a little more into than most. Playing the guitar (or any instrument I imagine) is another great way to become totally consumed by something for a few hours... it really passes the time..

A word of caution however: The wrong music can tear you apart, so be careful what you listen to :)
    losingit77 Posts: 105, Reputation: 31

Apr 24, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Yeah, god the "wrong music" can really screw things up. I never realized how almost every song on the radio seems to be about broken hearts. In my 30 years on this earth, I never quite understood them. Now, unfortunately, I do. Well, I guess everyone needs to get their heart broken at least once (or twice by the same person in my case). ; )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breakup [ 18 Answers ]

Heh everyone I just broke up with my ex about a month ago... we just needed some time apart.. so now that I am trying to reconcile things I find out that he is messin with another girl... not his girlfriend but someone he is talking to.. he says that I left him so it will be on his terms when we...

Feelings for someone after a breakup [ 3 Answers ]

I broke up with my ex two months ago. I was mad at him for something extremely tiny. I felt betrayed. I have a very difficult time trusting people. I trusted him not to cheat. He never did. But, more or less, I trusted him with our relationship. I am a delicate person who tends to feel bad about...

My Breakup Story. (What is she doing?) [ 3 Answers ]

All right here it goes: I was with this girl for 2 years. I made the typical mistake that every guy makes and I smothered her and got jealous and all of that stupid crap. Towards the end of the relationship, I wasn't as bad. She broke up with me because she said it doesn't feel the same and she...

Pain of breakup [ 7 Answers ]

I recently went through a pretty messy breakup, firstly I'm 17 and just finished year 12 and am in the transition into workig life and university and this breakup has really messed with my head of a lot of things. One thing I've found is that I really can't let go, at first I thought it was because...

Breakup with friend [ 3 Answers ]

How do you explain to a friend that you have broken the relationship with another mutual friend (all women) without going into details or bad-mouthing?

View more questions Search