Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcaa1211 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2014, 10:05 PM
    Fever
    My body temperature is normally 97.7. I have been feeling achy and my body temperature has been 99. My question is with my body temperature at 99 is that considered a fever or is it okay to go to work without worrying that I could make my coworkers sick. I work with some people who's immune system is weak. I don't want to risk making them sick.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 10:27 PM
    It really depends on the policy of your facility. Where I work a fever is 100.4 across the board, doesn't matter what your personal normal temp is.

If you don't want to risk making others sick, then call in for the day. We can't make that call for you. That is a personal decision you will have to make.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 11:07 PM
    It is a slick fever, I work with that myself, my work place has no guidelines, if I do not go, I am absent, and have to make up the work
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2014, 09:47 AM
    99 is well within the accuracy of the measuring device, particularly if an oral thermometer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fever [ 3 Answers ]

My son who is 16 months old had a fever for three days of 100.5 and then he woke up today with no fever but is crying a lot and will eat or drink very little. Could this just be teething , and what can I do for him.

Fever [ 2 Answers ]

My 10 month old son has been running a fever since Monday went to the Dr on Tuesday said it was ear infection has been on Azithromycin for 3 days now but is still running fever... what should I do

Fever [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 4 years old she has had a fever on and off since Sunday.. she is now sleeping and is whining and crying in her sleep... should I take her to the hospital?

4-Day Low Grade Fever is Now a High Grade Fever (103.5) [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has had a low grade fever (99-101) for 4 days and it jumped from a low grade fever to high fever (103.5) within an hour. He has been getting fluids (Powerade Zero) and taking Advil every 6-8 hours for the last 3 days. The Advil appears to lower his temperature slightly. He complains of...

Fever [ 1 Answers ]

My 19 month old child woke up with fever after her nap today 102.5. I gave tylenol and she ate well, but her temp only go down to 101. She is sleeping now, but should I take her to ER anyway?

View more questions Search