Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    band_addict Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2014, 05:24 PM
    How do I get to be in a famous rock band?
    I already know I want to be in a rock band like how my chemical romance was. I know I got to make a band first. I need to know what's next. I know I want to be in an awesome rock band because the only thing that feels right for me is music. I know I can be a solo singer,but I want to share my fame with my friends if I do get famous. Does anybody know how to get famous?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 06:34 PM
    First get lots of money!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 08:58 PM
    Talent/ability, drive, and luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 10:57 PM
    At 12 years old you aren't going to get into a famous rock band. This is a common goal for many 12 year olds.

For now you practice, practice, practice. Get together with other friends and form a garage band.

At 12 I wanted to be in one too. That was 37 years ago. I'm now a nurse and my other band partner runs a printing company.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 11:05 PM
    First you are not sharing anything, if they are all band members, all of them earn it just the same.

Next many band members are not always friends, you may not even like each other at times. This is a profession, it is hard work and deals with contracts, money and profits.

You are some member will need to write music, you will need voice lessons, and music lessons,

You will need to consider, the legal aspects of who controls the bank, are members equal partners, or employees of band.

Who decides what songs band does, or where you play.

You then form a bank, buy speakers and portable stage and all equipment needed.

Then you get a booking agent who will find you jobs, (for a percent of payment)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2014, 06:14 AM
    And... lots of money to hire and agent.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2014, 07:15 AM
    If you don't have the talent and ability... its never going to happen... even the very, very few who actually do... and not just think they do, like most people do... don't have the RIGHT talent or skill.

Even if you have both... you need an incredible amount of LUCK.

You stand a better chance of getting hit by a meteor at the bus stop than you do of having this happen.

Sorry if that comes across as a little harsh....but lifes harsh and I was just being realistic. EVERY star of every type has gotten where they are as a result of talent, knowing the right people, being in the right place at the right time....and more luck than anyone can possible know.

And for every one that makes it...there are thousands who are barely getting by trying to...most of whom will get no closer than a non-speaking extra in the background.....IF they get lucky. Most never get that far. The music industry is even worse....

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a rock band and song [ 2 Answers ]

The song is called haunted I think by a popular rock band from 2011

Is the Famous Air Supply Band GAY ? [ 14 Answers ]

I have been seeing remarks all over the internet about how this band is gay.Is there any proof or why do people say this

What's the name of the movie where 2 girls kidnap a famous band [ 4 Answers ]

I watched this movie a couple years ago and I really liked it, it was about 2 girls who were CRAZY in love with a band and the band's main member was being mean at a autograph signing and then the girls eventual kidnap the band and then one best friend walked into the other girl and lead singer...

About g n' are - ihe rock band [ 3 Answers ]

What's the story behind their split ?

View more questions Search