Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Butch Maas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2014, 10:42 AM
    Is # 10 AWG sufficient for 20.5A load @ 542 ft.
    Voltage & current drop in wires.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Simple answer NO. @120VAC, 18.4% voltage drop and 9.2% with 240VAC. If you Google "Voltage Drop Calculator", you can determine what you need. Drop should not exceed 5%
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2014, 04:48 AM
    Of course you could include the voltage and then get an exact answer...
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2014, 05:15 PM
    Some loads would just run slower/dimmer, but other loads such as electronics could simply shut down and/or have their lifespan greatly reduced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My scotts 17.542 lawn mower will not go frontwards or backwards. Can anybodt help? [ 0 Answers ]

My scotts 17.542 lawnmower will not go frontwards or backwards. Can anyone help?

Relocate Alarm Keypad 22 AWG can it be extended with 18 AWG [ 1 Answers ]

I went to the big box store and asked for 40 feet of 22-4 security wire and when I got home noticed it was actually 18-4. I am relocating my keypad to a new location and was wondering if the change would effect the system. So I am going to keep the existing wire from the control panel that is...

16 gauge AWG vs. 18 AWG - very important international lighting project [ 27 Answers ]

Hello! I have a wrought iron furniture and lighting design company based in Florence, Italy. We have a large project we're working on for the States, which includes several chandeliers, sconces and pendants. Our client has asked us to get in touch with their electrician, who will be installing...

Wiring different gauge wires (18 awg to 14 awg) [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought a house that has a nice wall lamp in the living room that I would like to keep as I renovate it. The lamp came wired with 18 awg wire (1 neutral, 1 hot, and 1 ground). The previous owner wired the lamp to a standard wire with a plug to make it a plug-in fixture. I don't know if...

View more questions Search