Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kevin Brewer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2005, 05:08 PM
    Hampton Bay ceiling fan slows down
    I have 9 Hampton Bay ceiling fans in my house . They are all remote control. 6 of them have slowed down. When they are on high, they work at the same speed as the others are working on slow or med. Some of these are on the same remote. When I put them on high, one goes very slow and the other one works at normal speed. I have tried to find a website for Hampton Bay, but had no luck. What do you think is the problem? Thanks.

Kevin Brewer
    Roatan, Honduras
    jrmcdaniel Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Trying to control multiple fans with a single controller sounds problematic. If one of the fans gets out-of-sync (runs HIGH while other(s) run SLOW), then they will continue to cycle but out of sync and always stay out-of-sync (unless some glitch happens as what caused the original problem). If you can shut off fans individually, you should be able to re-sync the fans if you must run them from a single controller (shut off all but one fan -- put it on HIGH; do this for each fan individually).
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 08:19 AM
    JR, you do realize this post is over THREE years old?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Do they have pullchains?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan hum [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. Just bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan. After installation, noticed a significant hum, on any speed. Thought it could be the fan reostat, so disconnected it and hardwired the power. Still hums. Anyone have any suggestions? Have seen several complaints about this on other sites. ...

New Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan... [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a new Hampton Bay celing fan w/a built it light kit and remote. After installing it the lights work fine, but the fan only works on the low speed. Is there a master speed setting in the fan that needs to be set on High? There are no pull chanins. Thanks.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fan that suddenly stopped working. There is a hum as if the motor would like to turn in all 3 speeds, however, it does not. Any suggestions would be much obliged.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan with remote control. Unless the room temperature is 80 degrees or above, neither the fan nor the light will operate. If I leave the main power in the on position, and the remote control is set to off, the fan will turn on all by itself once the...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay “Bali” Ceiling Fan. It has been installed and working for about 2 years. It only works with a remote. It has a top “night” light. A bottom “bright” light and 3 speed fan. The other night when I tried to turn off the bright light I heard a pop. When I took the globe off...

View more questions Search