Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ish3r3al Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2014, 09:22 AM
    False christians
    I know someone that watches preaching on TV. They call themselves a Christian. I am saying it takes more to be a Christian. They are so consumed by what they can get materialy for themselves. They neither help their community or their own family in any way. I know I'm not to judge. I find it so hard to be pleasant to this person as they are self admittedly greedy and self centered. I want to be nice and keep this person for a friend. I just feel they are twisting the word of god to make others believe they are something that to me they are not. Am I being less than Christian to notice these things? I don't want to be a false Christian as I see seems to be a trend lately. Please Help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2014, 09:43 AM
    It is YOUR influence and modeling as a Christian that may help this person. Lead by example, and don't preach -- preaching and judging are just as bad as being greedy and self centered.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 1, 2014, 10:03 AM
    Exercise your christianity and be benevolent. What they appear to be to you may not be the case as you are being judgmental. Live and let live. As long as you are carrying yourself the proper way, let them be themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

True Christians & False Christians [ 35 Answers ]

Hi evereyone, When searching for true Christian followers of Jesus, how can we tell them apart from those who claim to follow Christ? Thank you, Hope12

Is meditation OK for Christians? [ 14 Answers ]

Some of my Christian friends violently object to any form of meditation, but specifically think that to "Clear one's mind" in meditation is opening yourself up to the influence of Satan. On the other hand I find that "Clearing my mind" helps me hear what God has to say to me. What do people...

False accusation? Or false allegation? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my wife are going through divorce proceedings and things have not exactly been rosey! Her latest supprise was to ring the police this morning to report me for "pushing her over" now obviousley this is classed as assault and I know this But after 8 hours in a cell I was released and...

How many TYPES of Christians are there? [ 27 Answers ]

I'm interested in Christianity and exploring my options. Catholicism didn't work for me for several reasons, but I have an honest understanding of the bible. I want to find something that is easy to incorporate into my life, but exciting enough to KEEP ME INTERESTED! :rolleyes:

View more questions Search