Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2014, 09:21 AM
    Does anti-lock brakes have to be working to pass a state inspection in Virginia?
    I live in the state of Virginia and will need a state inspection in March 2014. My anti-lock brakes are not working and the light is always own. Two wheel sensors have gone bad. Will my car pass a Virginia state inspection?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 1, 2014, 09:57 AM
    That car will probably not pass... if it's a safety inspection, not an emissions inspection. Most states that have these inspection will not pass a vehicle unless all warning lamps are OFF.
    Having said this, you will need to check applicable laws in the state where you live.
    I would suggest Google.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2014, 12:27 PM
    Since the ABS light is on, it will fail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are options for selling car that will not pass state inspection? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, First off I did not know where to place this question but I figure this seems like the best place so sorry if its not. So my problem is I have a 1995 Lexus ES300 that has an expired state inspection and has an overheating problem that will cost 1500 to fix which is not worth it. So...

Anti lock brakes [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to change front brakes on a 2007 honda pilot?

Will this rough in pass inspection? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Doing an extensive DYI rehab on a single family home in NJ. The short question is does this look like it will meet code? The Galvanized Pipe and the cast iron stack it is attached to will be removed when I get this hooked up. My concerns are: I did not put a vent up on the tub on the right...

Anti Lock Brakes Dash Warning Light, 2001 Chevy Malibu. [ 1 Answers ]

Need help with Anti Lock Brakes, ABS - 2001 Chevy Malibu... A dash warning light appeared about 3 days ago that something might be wrong with my anti lock brakes, I immediately pulled over, read about the warning in my own manual, it said turn the veh off, then restart it and if the light...

Civic - brakes lock up [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I changed the master cylinder and brake booster on my 1990 civic my brakes will lock up. The car runs perfectly at first. But with every stop my brakes become harder to depress. Eventually the brakes will fail to retract and slow the car. I am trying to repair the system... using haynes...

View more questions Search