Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 1, 2014, 06:05 AM
    The New witch trials
    Opening soon in an internet near you: The Phoenix Witch Trials starring Jan Brewer as Sarah Good and George Takei as Cotton Mather, with The New York Times as Samuel Sewall and co-starring Salon.com as chief prosecutor Thomas Newton.

Dumb, Uneducated, And Eager To Deceive: Media On Religious Liberty
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2014, 06:21 AM
    Yes, suddenly reasonable people who were mainstream a few minutes ago are suddenly an intolerant bigot for simply expecting they shouldn't have to violate their beliefs. The once "live and let live" crowd are jack booted thugs demanding conformity with their values, and the irony is completely lost on them.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2014, 02:25 PM
    Dumb, Uneducated, And Eager to Deceive Media and Religious Liberty.

This is the problem, isn't it? The opposing view put forward in the link is equally dumb and uneducated.

"But perhaps we don't understand that the members of the jury ruled in favour of press freedom because of their belief in the foundational importance of religion and religious liberty. The Zenger press freedom case was, " disputation on truth and how truth is is revealed to man"

The author then goes on to cite a quote taken from a Cato letter as proof. The book in question is, "A History of American Newspapers and Their Readers" I managed to find the Cato letter in question.

The letter is not about religious freedom. It is largely a dissertation on Lock's, "Second Treatise on Government". It is a discussion in relation to men being in a state of nature and the preferable state of affairs that can be realized by the formation of government.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2014, 03:09 PM
    I admire the religious beliefs trumps all crowd trying to circumvent the laws in the major municipal areas of Arizona, and other states, but they have failed in 10 of 11 states now, on this subject.

If the guys that wrote and passed it didn't want any part of it, then it must have been a mistake like they said huh?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2014, 05:30 PM
    the compliant 4th estate doesn't believe in freedom of the press very much either if their timid reaction to the emperor's attempt to put monitors in news rooms is any indication.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2014, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I admire the religious beliefs trumps all crowd trying to circumvent the laws in the major municipal areas of Arizona, and other states, but they have failed in 10 of 11 states now, on this subject.

Most Americans see a different religious threat than photographers who don't want to be forced to take pictures of 2 guys kissing. 57 percent say it's Islamic fundamentalism, not nuns.

Terrorism, Iranian Nukes Considered Greatest Threats to U.S.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More trials [ 1 Answers ]

DO you think that conducting more trials will always bring your experimental probability closer to the theoretical probability?Why or why not.

Dealing With My Emotions - Trials and Tribulations [ 9 Answers ]

I recently went through a very unexpected breakup with my boyfriend of 4 years. The breakup brought a lot of issues to my attention - I have sought professional help to deal with these issues so they do not affect me later in life. My question(s) - One of my issues was that I was not an...

Free trials? Which is best? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm just wanting to know what's the best anti virus to use for my computer?? Any free trails which anyone kno's about?? Or any websites that's has info on them?? Cheers guys!! ;)

Salem Witch trials [ 1 Answers ]

In school we are leaning about the salem witch trials and I got a paper to write about I NEED HELP! :eek: Anyone know any thing about the salem witch trials :D

Mock Trials [ 2 Answers ]

I am heading up the forensics team in a mock trial that we are having after the mock crime scene. There was a murder and the cause of death was blunt force trauma. Does anyone have any information about what I should do when I present my expert witness testimony on blunt force trauma for the trial?...

View more questions Search